List of unhappy Garrett Propinpointer owners

Well, I will say this. Out of 8 Pro Pointers, I have had two go bad.
Garrett stood behind them both times. And yes, its very frustrating when they stop working.:no: For me, I simply could not hunt without one.

if only 2 went bad why do you need 8

Mine stopped working after a year put it aside for awhile got a makro pointer grabbed the Garrett the by mistake turned it on and it works again sweet I guess

I've had my Pro Pointer for over 4 years now and I got it used. I don't "baby" it. When it's dirty or muddy I wipe it off. When the batteries die I replace them. It's never skipped a beat for me....yet. :thumbsup:
I'm surprised to read about all of these that failed and needed sent back. :hmmm:

9 pages, hmm I read them all and still don't know, does it keep the settings when you turn it off and then back on?:lol:

9 pages, hmm I read them all and still don't know, does it keep the settings when you turn it off and then back on?:lol:

IMO, the Propointer is hands down the best pp on the market. I've watched countless videos on it and I can honestly say it outperforms every other pp on the market. Heck, I sold my deus and my AT Pro and structly hunt with it taped to a broomstick. I've pulled small cuff buttons at 10" where etracs, ctx's and other high end machines passed right over it. In all seriousness though, I've had 2 propointers, lost the first one and I havnt had a problem with either. I don't jam it into the hole so falsing has never been an issue for me.

I have had one for 3 years no issues. I have seen some people use them like a shovel. Or jamming them into the ground like a pick. Use them like you use your detector and you will not have a problem.

Garret Pro-pointers

Great little tool,I can't have a decent hunt without one.I've had one for 3 yrs. started getting a little weak,no positive click when I turned it off. Bought another one so I decided I would play with the older one. I took the boot off of the switch and looked at the insides. There is a hard plastic plunger that is the switching mechanism, where the rubber boot contacts this plunger it was chewed up pretty bad. I took some rubber silicone cement and built it back up to where it is making a positive contact again. I also took a chance on frying everything and liberally sprayed the insides with CDC, waited until it dried good and it appears to have made it stronger. I also used some silicone on the boot good before replacing it. I'm going to contact Garrett and get a couple of replacement boots.:grin:

I have 2 Pro Pointers. . They both work fine. I purchased them both shortly after they came on the market. The one I use the most I estimate has been cycled on and off at least 50000 times. The other one has been cycled on and off about 7000 times.

can someone inform me how to proceed regarding getting my garrett pro pp fixed? it's busted, acts like it has a short in it or something...always beeps; it's 3 years old..so i'm I stuck with it or will kellyco or garrett fix and or replace it??? has anybody had any luck?

tks,

tm
Call up Garrett customer service , and nicely tell them the issue, They will give you a S.O.# and Just send it in .
Fyi, Sometimes a bad 9 volt battery can cause a what seems like a short in the device.

I have had one for 3 years no issues. I have seen some people use them like a shovel. Or jamming them into the ground like a pick. Use them like you use your detector and you will not have a problem.

THIS. :exactly:

1 1/2 years with the PP and still not a problem. And any problems you do have with it, Garrett would be glad to help you.

Back
Top Bottom