Weather was too nice today...60s and little wind....

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
so KT just had to get out and hit a couple of totlots....since school was in session, KT avoided the more lucrative elementary schools and hit a couple of park totlots He had not visited in awhile....got a shock too...because both of the totlots had new gravel fill over the old rotten wood chips...sure a lot cleaner for the kiddies but added some depth to the older stuff. That's why KT got mostly newer clad and mostly pennies today...Pennyfinder would be proud.

Best finds of the day were 2 Mattel Hotwheels cars located right off the end of one of the slides and stacked on top of each other...dug the Superbird first and then came the Blue Racer! Although full of granules and sand...a bit of washing in the sink freed up the wheels and removed all the grit. They roll smoothly now.

Coins were not much today...2 clad dimes and 35 Lincolns...and one spent .357 Winchester cartridge...on a kid's public park playground! Also recovered one copper and steel whatsit....posted in here but also in Help identify section also!

HA HA Had a fisherman stop by and visit for a couple of minutes...He claims to be an inventor and wanted to figure out a machine that would find diamonds! KT let him rave on because KT knows there already is a machine that does that...using the property of X-ray fluorescence and air jets to blow the diamonds out of stream of material passing by. It's an industrial machine used for processing heavy minerals extracted from Kimberlite and Lamproite, but this fellow wanted to make a machine that looks like an MD but shows a black spot on the screen when a diamond is in the coil area...good luck to him!

Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• Boyle Park upper playground 01 27 2015 Mattel SuperBird and 2004 RD06 racer.JPG
    Boyle Park upper playground 01 27 2015 Mattel SuperBird and 2004 RD06 racer.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 354
  • Boyle Park upper playground 01 27 2015 .357 casing, 2 dimes 34 lincolns.jpg
    Boyle Park upper playground 01 27 2015 .357 casing, 2 dimes 34 lincolns.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 349
  • Boyle Park upper playground 01 27 2015 UNK 01 Cu & steel.jpg
    Boyle Park upper playground 01 27 2015 UNK 01 Cu & steel.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 352
  • Boyle Park upper playground 01 27 2015 UNK 02 Cu & steel.jpg
    Boyle Park upper playground 01 27 2015 UNK 02 Cu & steel.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 352
Nice set of finds my friend. I like finding the toy cars makes me feel good knowing my equipment is still working. As far as the diamonds thing, that one my take some doing.

Good looking haul for the day. Hope to be able to get out and about in the next week or so. Sunny, but still well below freezing. Need that concrete to thaw out just a bit!!

Back
Top Bottom