Cleaned up and ready to go

msand

Elite Member
Here is one of my better dated finds from last year(1944) all cleaned up and ready to be put away. Thanks for looking everyone:

Attachments

• clean1.jpg
    clean1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 381
  • clean2.jpg
    clean2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 379
nice one man...do u keep all your wheat like this? how about those green ones do u clean them too?

When I was a kid I had a coin collection, not sure what happen to it. I really just got back into this so yes I now put all my coins I want to keep in coin holders. The green ones I found last year I didn't want to keep so to answer your question stingray, yes if they clean up nice and I want to keep them.

Only a year off from being a steel cent. Nice find!

I'll wonder if anyone here has actually found a steel cent? I haven't but it would be pretty neat.

I'll wonder if anyone here has actually found a steel cent? I haven't but it would be pretty neat.

I have found two. But both were toasted so bad you hardly could tell what it was.

A steel cent would be nice to have in your coin collection. You could always buy coins but I think it's more fun to find, clean up and put them away.

Thankyou I am going to take it some place to be tested I just dont know where yet.

I have found two. But both were toasted so bad you hardly could tell what it was.
That's a real shame. Toasted meaning burnt?

Nice clean job! Congrats!
Thanks Wampus Cat.

Nice.. found one myself today detecting. Have not cleaned it up yet..
Great! You should post a picture when you have time.

BTW... there are 44 steals out there.. if you find one you are rich :)
I saw this web page that shows some 1944 copper's could be some good money too.

I have found about 10 steel cents corroded next to wheat cents or silver coins.
Wow! that's good news. Worth some money?

Congrats on the wheatie.

Greg
Thanks!

That penny looks real nice! Good job cleaning it up. Should do a before and after pic next time.

Thank you, Flash Draw. I plan to get it tested some place just don't know where yet.

Am I missing something. There were just under 1.5 billion no mint 44's minted and they are only worth up to $6 if in mint condition. Why would you send it out to get tested?

And I'm not being a jerk I'm just confused. I love wheats and love digging them and keep every one I dig.

Am I missing something. There were just under 1.5 billion no mint 44's minted and they are only worth up to $6 if in mint condition. Why would you send it out to get tested?

And I'm not being a jerk I'm just confused. I love wheats and love digging them and keep every one I dig.

It's not steel. I read someplace if it's a 1943 or 1944 copper then it could be worth something. I really don't know. I want to take it someplace to have someone that knows coins take a look at it. If I you can tell by this picture if it's anything? That would be great. Thanks

probably only worth 15 cents to $6 LOL

Steel would stick to a magnet. But also would have rusted in the ground. I know some people were copper plating the steel penny's trying to pass them off as copper 43's.

Either way man a wheat of any kind is a good find in my book. Congrats on the wheat and nice clean job.

Back
Top Bottom