Tuesdays digging---150 Holes---One Good Find !

TonyAZ

Elite Member
Went out Tuesday morning to a new spot. There were signals everywhere-started digging--- and kept digging--. Lots of pennies here, after a few hours -I was skipping what I believed were pennies--most of the one's I found were modern-only managed 5 wheats out of the 63 I dug --probably left at least 40 behind . I think the previous owners just threw there pennies into the yard....

There was one small area that produced an old perfume lid, a part to a oil lamp and the find of the day for me, a watch fob --dated 1915-depicting the California state animal--a grizzly bear--holding the State of California under his arm-- and the California state flower at his feet--the California poppy. This fob was one many items that were sold to visitors of the 1915 Panama-Pacific international Exposition in San Francisco. It celebrated not only the completion of the Panama Canal in 1914, but the rebirth of San Francisco after the devastating 1906 earthquake. Between February 20 and December 4, 1915, over 19 million people flocked from all over the world to the marvels it contained.

I have a picture of the fob as found--and after cleaning. I'm amazed that it was this well preserved, after being buried for 100 yrs!

You just never know what you will dig up!!

Thanks for lookin and listening-and good luck to all! Tony AZ..

Attachments

• one.JPG
    one.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 445
  • two.JPG
    two.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 451
  • three.jpg
    three.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 446
  • four.JPG
    four.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 443
Cool finds Tony! My brother lives in Golden Valley and I am anxious to get down that way. Any advice you can give for that area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Nice finds , when you have so many targets , others can be hidden . I'd go back and clean it out , then check it again . Some of my best finds were on the 3-4 pass.
HH

Back
Top Bottom