3 playgrounds in 2 hours

Playground??? What are you crazy! :laughing:

I probably hit up the tot-lots 50% of the time. I usually just kick the chips tho, but sometimes there’s a stubborn coin down there.

Welcome aboard where you from?

Playgrounds are awesome for fresh coin drops and the occasional silver jewellery! :)

No they're not! He's lying, do not listen to him. Hunting playgrounds is a huge waste of time. Nothing but pencil tops, hair barrettes and the occasional pulltab. In fact, if you sweep a totlot and get a good signal...I guarantee it's trash, not even worth digging, just leave it and move on... :yes:

Unless you're in Australia, their totlots are crammed full of good stuff. It's like pulling all 7's on the coin and ring jackpot! Yep, Austrailia is where it's at! You know they have $1 and $2 coins there?....just sayin'! Cha-CHING!!! :gettinmoney:

:hide:

Wish there were some close by that would be "detectable" but so far the ones close by I have found were either something like astroturf or hard dirt, nothing like loose rubber bits or sand where coins could sink and not be obvious surface finds. :roll: :lol:

In my opinion, tot lots/school playgrounds are great for 2 reasons. First, jewelry (silver,gold) hot spots if you know what your detector is telling you which leads me to my second reason; it is an awesome training ground to learn what your detector is telling you. Yes, digging trash ( can slaw, pull tabs, beaver tails, small bits of foil, pencil erasers) is annoying, we have all been there but it teaches the ability to listen to the tones on your detector to separate potentially good targets from the trash targets. You will dig some trash no matter what; get over it:roll: but you will also be rewarded with some really good finds as well. On the weekends while school is in session, that is where you will find me. Lucky for me, we have a lot of schools where the playgrounds/tot lots are also used by the general public.:D HH

I hit them all the time. I have all the ones around here so clean, you have to hunt in all metal to find anything. I have pulled a lot of gold and silver out of them. And a lot of trash. Just keep hunting.. KEN :D

You guys are lucky, I've hit dozens of playgrounds here over the years, finding only clad. Once, a chrome Zippo that I eyeballed.

I do, but when I do I always feel a bit 'creepy'.

Maybe something like this ? :shock: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

totlotmd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom