Wet Sand, Fresh Water, ACE250 False Signals

Burbank Bob

Forum Supporter
Went to my fav tot lot yesterday to comb the equipment I did not hit the other day with my sniper coil.

It had been raining. There were places I would get a solid silver signal, pinpoint EXACTLY, scoop and get a hand full of NOTHING, swing again and the signal was totally gone.

Any experience with the Ace giving false signals like that in wet, fresh water sand?

My only thought is that there are some black sands there that must drop lower and cling when it is wet, making the Ace signal and of course the scoop breaks it all up again, but I would expect those to ring up as iron...

If you have a thought start typing... ;)

Went to my fav tot lot yesterday to comb the equipment I did not hit the other day with my sniper coil.

It had been raining. There were places I would get a solid silver signal, pinpoint EXACTLY, scoop and get a hand full of NOTHING, swing again and the signal was totally gone.

Any experience with the Ace giving false signals like that in wet, fresh water sand?

My only thought is that there are some black sands there that must drop lower and cling when it is wet, making the Ace signal and of course the scoop breaks it all up again, but I would expect those to ring up as iron...

If you have a thought start typing... ;)

I used an ACE 150 a few times before I got my White's XLT. Me and a friend, both wielding the ACE 150, hit a tot where there was some sand and it was wet and we both got false signals. The same as you: solid hit, dig, then nothing. We both did this a couple of time before abandoning the wet sand area.

What silver signal was it giving? Was it $1 and 8" deep? When I get that it is always a false signal or a buried pipe. Sure, theoretically it could be an accurate reading, but chances are much higher that it is something you should ignore.

What silver signal was it giving? Was it $1 and 8" deep? When I get that it is always a false signal or a buried pipe. Sure, theoretically it could be an accurate reading, but chances are much higher that it is something you should ignore.

No ... not at all. I know those dollar sounding pipes... This is one playground I know very well. Hunt it a lot. No pipes anywhere near the signals I was getting.

Most were dime signals about 4 inches deep that pinpointed then vanished after the first scoop.

I have never hunted wet sand with my Ace 250, but if I hunt the wet lawn after a good rain my 250 acts like superman... seems to target the coins and whatnot a whole lot better than when dry.

Mike

I don't swing a garrets machine, but a friend does, he had the same problem in wet sand, he turned his sesativity way down and swung his coil alot slower and that seemed to end his ghost signals, of course going that slow I got my half of the lot done and part of his then for the heck of it went over what he already had done and grabbed about a buck worth of clad that he missed:D:D:lol:

I too have an Ace 250 and get false signals @ about 6" when within about 5' from the water's edge or when detecting areas that have been flooded.:viking:

i have a 250, and had a similar situation at the beach recently. signals were going crazy in the wet sands and for me i chalk it up as mineralization or rust flakes from pre-existing items. if you have enough rust in an area and dig it up and disturb it it will disappear. it will also throw a solid signal if there is enough of it before you dig.

Back
Top Bottom