Vacation finds 23k, Diamond, Silver, and Clad

Okinawa

Well I finally got out to Okinawa on vacation and was able to put in sometime with the AT Pro. I probably put in ten hours or so over two weeks. Would have loved to put more time in, but the kids are at that magical age where everyday has to full of adventure and action.

My daughter really likes the idea of finding money....my son was not bitten by the bug.

Day one - 23k men's gold ring 6.4 grams and some clad. Found old bus token for Europe and some Euro.

Day two - Toe ring, Silver ring, and diamond ear ring. (not real diamond) About passed out when we first found the diamond ear ring. Even though fake, my daughter latched on to it.

Day three - misc buttons, Skull ring, and lots of clad.

I barely scratched any of the beaches we went to, and there is still tons of stuff left. It appears no one is hitting them much. Talked to some locals who said they detected the beaches I was on. They say they hit them hard, but I showed the guys the 25 dollars worth of yen and gold ring I had found and their jaw dropped.

I'm an old Marine so when I detect I am very thorough. he he he

The AT Pro worked fine in the salt water and at 3 bars of sensitivity I was finding most of everything in the water at 6 to 8 inches deep. I worked the unit completely submerged and had no issues. I found out quickly that ground balance was key to water performance.

All in all I found about 60 dollars in Yen and change. Figure the ring is worth about 350, and the other items around 50 dollars in Japan prices. I think I managed to pay for half of my invest in the AT Pro.

I have a tentative job offer for Okinawa, and when I get there I will continue to clean up.

Have not figured out how to post pics yet. How does everyone put hi-res shots here?

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 920
My phone camera won't get that good of a shot. Inside the ring it says 23K

The gold was much much more golden and deep yellow once cleaned than my 14K wedding band. Since returning to Seoul, I took it to the local jewelry store here in Seoul and was confirmed 6.4 grams 23K.

I sold it for $400.00 to a neighbor. He was looking at 18 and 23 K rings recently and he says I saved him some cash. I made more than melt price, so win win.

I have metal detected the Okinawa and Japanese beaches for over 15 years. Asians wear more gold to the beach than anywhere else I have ever lived. I have regularly found 18K - 24K on the beaches. Platinum is another common metal. Asians take great pride in wearing expensive jewelry everywhere they go. Once I see a bunch of people horse playing in the water with that soft gold on, I just sit back and take note of the locations. LOL

My wife has some nice Tiffany diamond rings and jewelry to attest to the fact. She always gets first dibs.

Attachments

• coins 2.jpg
    coins 2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 811
way to go. If those locals weren't hitting the beach hard before it's guaranteed they are now. Good luck going there again

Lol

Well we on the beach forum expect close ups, like seeing the ring stamp, so take some of that 400.00 you got from next door, and get a digital camera with Macro and a PC connection cable, I have a 12 mega pixel, now they make the even higher, here is the least we expect shot , than not ? able :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: THE REAL DEAL howboutit :yes::mder: 15 years , & no macro camera :snapoutofit::violin::sadbye::realitycheck::laughing:

Attachments

• 20120127_1.JPG
    20120127_1.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 670
Hey Okinawa,

Welcome to the forum!

I enjoyed your story and the photos, and no, I don't need to see a close up of your 23 K ring to believe you.

Keep searching and sharing your finds with us! It sounds like you have some great places to hunt over there! :yes:

Way to go

Congratulations, you are finding some amazing stuff. Looks like you are taking advantage of your opportunities. Seems like you wife is a luck lady. Keep up the good work. I found one 2.2 gram 10K band, in a lake ,with my ATPro. The beaches here in S. Calif. are pretty much hunted out by the local inhabitants.
HH everyone

Don't know what the locals are using but they obviously don't compare with the ATP. Looks like a productive location. Congrats.

Congrats Okinawa and welcome. Some great finds and I too don't take photo's of all my finds. In fact I have about $3,000 in camera gear and never use it for rings. I have a 21K ring and was told there is no such thing. I did take a photo of it and he said, must be a 10K. So I believe you got the 23K if you say you did.. So show us the goods. Can't wait to see them. Bravo! You are a real:pirate2:

Back
Top Bottom