XP in the water

budaf250

Forum Supporter
Any XP users out there ever use it in fresh water? I am still new to the XP Deus. And was thinking of getting the water kit for mine. Will it be a waste of my money? There are not many you tube videos on the use of the XP in water.

Any XP users out there ever use it in fresh water? I am still new to the XP Deus. And was thinking of getting the water kit for mine. Will it be a waste of my money? There are not many you tube videos on the use of the XP in water.

Did you ever end up getting the water kit for the XP Deus?

We already told another poster not to do it. It's not worth it. If you want to hunt water, get a water machine.

The first time you drop that control unit in the drink and fry it, you'll wish you had listened.

Folks need to realize the Deus if an op will save some programs to some of the slots for water hunting.

Then just take the headphones, rod and coil and hunt-- leaving control at home or in your vehicle.

Settings changes can be done on headphones.

With all this said-- there are overall better water hunting units out there; especially saltwater.

Here's another option.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,1713055

I made up a water use conversion for my Deus as Andy Sabisch outline. I used a piece of RG6 coax cable. It was fairly easy to make and it works well.

One thing to be careful of is not bumping the control box off the top of the detector and into the drink when out detecting. I don't do this but a piece of electrical tape fastening the antena end to the control box might be adviseable.

Anyway I use both my Etrac and the Deus in knee deep water and find the Dues much less fatiguing on the arm.

Back
Top Bottom