Heading to Galveston next week.

whippy

Hello all. I'm new here. I was eager to join after reading all of the threads with great information and seeing all the great pics of finds.

Anyway. I have been doing a lot of research on my Galveston trip but can't find anything regarding the use of detectors on the beaches. More specifically whats allowed and not allowed. I understand the areas held by TX Parks and Wildlife, where ever they may be, are usually off limits and, that perhaps, open beach use areas are fair game to detector use.

So If there are any members here that could shed some light on the subject, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Whips

Thanks, Rick.

I've been detecting for quite awhile but recently bought the BeachHunter 300 and had to plan a trip to the beach even though I planned on using it mostly in fresh water swimming holes.

I mostly hunt play grounds, volleyball courts and school yards around town with my Classic IDX and do pretty good yet those gold rings have been quite elusive for some reason. :(

I'll be interested in reading what the Texas guys have to say about Galveston.

CoolWhips

Dont quote me on this, but I think that beach is a public beach. I thought it was open to detect on public beaches. but im not a regular beach hunter.

Let me know if you do any good on the beach down there. We are planning a trip down there in the near future.

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

The trip is mostly to take the wife and child as well as to hang out with my brother and his family however, I plan on doing a lot of late night and early morning hunting.

I can't help with information about Texas Beaches but welcome to the forum. I have a BHID 300 too and I'm sure you will love it. Good luck and post some pictures of the loot you find on your trip. I mostly hunt fresh water lakes too and have had good results with the BHID, good luck, Jim

JB,

I haven't used the BH300 that much since I got it. I've been mostly hunting with my Classic IDX around town. Tonight I am taking the BH300 out for a spin in the back yard with some known targets so that I may get used to the tones etc. etc. again.

I've used it before on some playgrounds and did quite well with it so the backyard thing wil just be a refresher course so to speak. I'd go to a playground or something tonight but, it's nearly 100 degrees and I have my 2 yr old in tow. So he can ride his power wheels while I screw around in the yard.

I would have responded sooner but, since I just found this forum a couple of days ago, I've been doing a lot of reading. There's some really good stuff on here. I've got a lot of catching up to do with regards to finding stuff.

BTW. The forum has already cost me $360.00. I bought 2 Sunrays from Ralph. One for my IDX and one for my dad's DFX.

I sure would be interested in hearing of your exploits and experiences with the BH300. So feel free to thread jack on the subject provided you're just sitting around drinking a cold one with not much else to do. :spin:

Maybe I'll just change the thread topic to BH300 experiences since no reply on the Galveston thing has materialized.

CoolWhips

Back
Top Bottom