Any one ever do a Factory Reset on Explorer

HighTone

Elite Member
Im about to put a 10x12 SEF on my explorer II. Was watching a Utube video this guy went to a bigger coil on his explorer. He said it was running unstable and jumping all over the place untill he did a Factory Reset. Just wondering if anyone has had this experience. If so how do i do a factory reset. Thanks

To reset the machine turn the machine off and then press & hold the power button until it displays "factory presets" on the screen.. Don't feel bad I had to ask the same question some time back..:lol:

But did he mean to say he did a noise cancel, or is it possible he just does not understand what does what, or did he actually need a reset? A noise cancel is for outside interference and a factory reset is for an electronic glitch. For a coil that was not stable the vast majority of times would require a noise cancel. That being said, if a noise cancel does not fix a problem it never hurts to do a factory reset. I have hunted with guys using explorers who didn't even know their detectors were messed up until we compared signals and I asked them what they heard. The replies did not make sense so I grabbed the units to check for myself and sure enough in both cases they were not acting like they should, and a quick reset made them good again. Both guys had literally used their detectors for months this way having no idea there was a problem, so it didn't cross their minds to do a reset. One lost confidence so bad even having a good detector again wasn't enough and he changed to something else. So if you're new to an explorer it's a good idea to hit the factory reset every few weeks or so. Just make sure you remember all your settings.

Back
Top Bottom