Good machine under $450?

NeconKiller

Looking for a good water machine under $450. Have missed a 1280x and a Surfmaster II for $250, and was way out bid on a Sword Excalibur today on eBay at $540.

Looking at a Whites PI Pro for $350.o

Live in Missouri, so it will probably be only a freshwater machine. Missouri clay mud, gravel, and a little sand in our freshwater lakes and creek swimming holes.

How does the Whites PI Pro do in freshwater under those conditions.

Don't have enough posts to put an ad in classified. Sorry.

PM's are fine... email faster [email protected]

Last edited:
You're might want to look into a VLF for fresh water lakes to discriminate out the iron.

The PI Pro is a great machine but you will dig EVERYTHING in fresh water.

I use the BHID 300 here in Texas. It allows me to pass over the iron so all I dig is aluminum, gold, silver and coins. Lots of aluminum.

For example: If I would have dug every signal, iron, gold and silver signals this morning while at the lake, I would have not traveled more than 10 linear feet with a 5-6 foot wide path. (I actually have never measured my sweeps but they seem pretty wide. I'm 6'2" so I can reach pretty good). By skipping the iron, I covered a lot of ground.

If I lived near the beach, I'd be 100% PI.

Just something I thought I'd throw at ya.

Coolwhips :cool:

The 1280 would be a good unit, the CZ20 pops up at 400-450 and would be better, you dont need the 10 inch coil, the Whites surfmasterII is a discriminating underwater machine and there are around 250-350, I hate the floppy coil on them you will need a coil stabilizer for use underwater.
If memory serves me I think Tesoro had an underwater VLF discriminator that sells for around 300(tiger shark?). They too have a coil that flops so again you will want to stabilize it.

I was also thinking Tiger Shark. I heard they work well in fresh water. A PI can be used in fresh water, but I think it will be too much digging to be any fun.

I vote for the Detector Pro Pirate. For a low cost water machine it certainly will do the job very well, and leave a little money for a good scoop. If you want to go a little higher in price then certainly the Garrett AT Pro which is also waterproof and an excellent all around machine.

1280 would be great machine. Mostly freshwater. You can learn whats iron, pull tab, coin, an ring. Built like a tank. HH -Joe

Looking for a good water machine under $450. Have missed a 1280x and a Surfmaster II for $250, and was way out bid on a Sword Excalibur today on eBay at $540.

Looking at a Whites PI Pro for $350.o

Live in Missouri, so it will probably be only a freshwater machine. Missouri clay mud, gravel, and a little sand in our freshwater lakes and creek swimming holes.

How does the Whites PI Pro do in freshwater under those conditions.

Don't have enough posts to put an ad in classified. Sorry.

PM's are fine... email faster [email protected]

I was watching that auction.I think $540. is a gamble on that machine considering the person selling it didn't know much about it.

Lots of good info, thanks, and keep it coming...

Admin, Whippy, all of you guys, thank you for the information you have provided me on a good water detector under $450.

I had looked at the Pirate Pro. Got a fair offer on one. Re-read the reviews . Knowing me, whether intended, or, not, the box is going to end up in the water ,and the headphones, too. Water tightness is critical for me, I believe. Same on the WADER, got a pretty good offer on it, as well.

Read a lot o nice things about the 1280x. Missed one on Tuesday in California, she had sold it for $250.

HOTROD TOM,

You are right. The guy admitted that it wasn't his, but his deceased father in law, I think, so no one knows what it would have been like. Seems like many Excal users like the older Sword version.

Online reviews are great, but I guess it is possible that someone would write a bad review on a competitors machine, and write a profusely glowing review on one that they sell, or, make. That is why, it is good to get input from you guys, who either use the machine,, or, have familiarity with the machine from a buddy using it, etc.

Thanks so much.

All input is welcome.

By the older sword version, you mean this?

Spotted this last winter on the beach here. The user is a hunter from
Virginia down for a vacation. Loved his machine.

Attachments

• 0262_c999.JPG
    0262_c999.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 189
Back
Top Bottom