My first Silver Coins

stingray

Elite Member
okey so I thought I will never have the opportunity to post picture of my find here since most of my finds are either Pulltabs or junk stuffs, a meager clad find for hours of exhausting hunt.
so today I went back to an old High School building that I gained access 3-5 days ago. build in 1903 this was the second school that was built here in my town. privately owned now, I asked the owner permission and he granted my request.
on my first hunt I can't believe how hard the soil after just 4" of top soil. most of the ground was covered with gravel rocks my 18" Sampson just can't hardly penetrate deeper. today I got lucky - two days of rain softened the soil in this ground.
my ETP could not handle the EMI around the hunt ground I could only manage to set the sensitivity to 3 out of 10 - imagine how shallow I'm digging for a sensitivity of 3 yet I still manage to pull out some stuff out of the ground.
first 10 minutes of swinging junk and pulltabs then couple of clad coins.
to my surprise 3-4" deep I hit 80-85 repeating tones so I continue to dig. then suddenly, this beautiful 1926 Merc came out. I can't believe it I finally found something worth celebrating I said to myself. so I took a picture of it and put it away. rescanned the plug and I hit the same tone...ding ding ding another silver! heck it was just next to the Merc where I took picture of. had I not double checked the plug I could have missed that 1954 Rosey. see the picture it is just left of the facing Liberty.

just when I'm finishing my hunt another Rosey came up with a 1941 Lincoln cent. overall I went home happy like I won a lottery or something. lol

Merc Dime 1926 by rudjard

Dirt Fishing Haul by rudjard, on Flickr

Congrats on your first silvers...love the Merc pic with the rim of the Rosie showing, taken before you even knew it was there...excellent hunt!

Back
Top Bottom