• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

10 Hour Drive Pending

vexhold

Elite Member
Next Sunday, I will be making the trek from Minneapolis, MN to Danville, IL.

I will be driving (ugh).

I am looking for possible places or people to hook up with along the way or at my destination (will be there for 3 days).

Let me know.

vexhold, you might try a few of the older parks in Danville along the river downtown. And check out some of the old ball fields scattered throughout the city (Off Main street). I know there's a large park full of lakes just outside of the city, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it.

If you get hungry and love a great steak, you might want to stop by the Beef House in Ind (I think it's off exit 407 on US 74, just before the Ill. state line).

They serve the best hot rolls this side of the state line, and the beef is corn feed and great!!!

GL&HH

Wish I knew about this trip you're taking. I'll bet you'll be driving right past my house if you're taking I-39/90. I'll be out of town all day at a car show otherwise I'd pop for lunch at out local Beef-A-Roo (awesome food). If you're munching in the Rockford area, continue on US20/I-39/I-90 and go another mile or so to the Alpine Rd. exit and take it north past Sandy Hollow Rd. It's on the left. 50's style place.

If you need a quick hunt/rest stop on the way, you'll be driving past Rock Cut State Park in Rockford. I hear the rangers are MD-friendly.

Have a safe trip! :grin:

Not much. About 17 cents clad, a bunch of junk and a bizarre encounter.

As I was gearing up, a car drove by slowly. I thought he was either going to bust my chops for detecting, or was trying to see what was in my truck. I relaxed when he drove off.

A couple minutes later, I see him parked down the road facing me. I kept an eye on him.

He then drove passed my truck and parked down the other way, still facing me.

He finally drove over and parked next to my truck! I was like "oh @#$%, here we go" and started to hoof it to my truck. He quickly got out, put something on my wiper, jumped back in his car, and drove away.

I took the piece of paper and read it...

His name was Ron and he wanted to be "friends"

Not much. About 17 cents clad, a bunch of junk and a bizarre encounter.

As I was gearing up, a car drove by slowly. I thought he was either going to bust my chops for detecting, or was trying to see what was in my truck. I relaxed when he drove off.

A couple minutes later, I see him parked down the road facing me. I kept an eye on him.

He then drove passed my truck and parked down the other way, still facing me.

He finally drove over and parked next to my truck! I was like "oh @#$%, here we go" and started to hoof it to my truck. He quickly got out, put something on my wiper, jumped back in his car, and drove away.

I took the piece of paper and read it...

His name was Ron and he wanted to be "friends"

Only in Illinois!:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom