What am I searching for?

Kansas Dave

Diggin' It With Friends
Forum Supporter
This isn't a contest, at least not for you guys. Can any of you guess by the picture what it is that I am searching for? Jewelry, coins, what?

flying_E.JPG

This isn't a contest, at least not for you guys. Can any of you guess by the picture what it is that I am searching for? Jewelry, coins, what?

View attachment 115994

Was this from Abilene Dave? My guess ( and remember I'm a rookie), you were looking for Rings. BTW....Got my first silver today! '64 Nickel found in Haysville in the middle of a football field. Can you believe it?

Was this from Abilene Dave? My guess ( and remember I'm a rookie), you were looking for Rings. BTW....Got my first silver today! '64 Nickel found in Haysville in the middle of a football field. Can you believe it?

Congratulations on your 64. But, I hate to be the bearer of bad news my friend. There is no silver in Nickel. The war nickels 42 - 47 were only 35% silver. :yes: nope, the pulltabs came from Peabody today.

I'll give you a hint. It's not the gold, although I will take it when it comes.

I think its my title your after digging all those pull tabs . :pumpkins:
Might find titanium or platinum or maybe just silver in there ..:lol:

I think its my title your after digging all those pull tabs . :pumpkins:
Might find titanium or platinum or maybe just silver in there ..:lol:

Nope, I wouldn't take your title away for nothing. :no:

Gold, Titanium, Platnum and Silver are all no's.

I'm searching for a specific coin. Any guesses?

Lead, bullets, or cartridge brass? Never-mind you said it was a coin.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,820520

Flying Eagle Cent, Nickels, III cents, Fatty IHs, $1 GP and $2.50 GPs all come in between 12-12 and 12-24 pull tab range. I will say you are looking for a Flying Eagle since holding the mouse over the picture reveals Flying eagle in the jpg picture filename!

Lead, bullets, or cartridge brass? Never-mind you said it was a coin.

Nlope

steel penny? not sure hwere those would ring up? iron?tab?

No.

I might be wrong when I stated that only one coin minted by the U.S. would VDI in this range. There might actually be two of them and I am searching for one.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,820520

Flying Eagle Cent, Nickels, III cents, Fatty IHs, $1 GP and $2.50 GPs all come in between 12-12 and 12-24 pull tab range. I will say you are looking for a Flying Eagle since holding the mouse over the picture reveals Flying eagle in the jpg picture filename!

:clapping: Yes, The flying eagle cent is on my wish list and is the next coin that I am intent on finding. Nice piece of work in scrolling over the pic! :cool: 12-22 is where everyone of those pulltabs came in today. :lol:

I looked at the that chart I linked to see what coins come in CO 12 to CO 24, the range that I have dug pull tabs at, and saw Flying Eagle and remembered that I saw that on mousing over the pic. So it took some work.

:clapping: Yes, The flying eagle cent is on my wish list and is the next coin that I am intent on finding. Nice piece of work in scrolling over the pic! :cool: 12-22 is where everyone of those pulltabs came in today. :lol:

US flying Eagle cent 12 - 20-24
US CU/NI indian head cent 12 - 22-23
US gold 2.5 dollar 12 - 22

Guess you already found the 2.50, lol! Hope you find it instead! That chart says the Flying Es can come in at 20 also. I bet they come in higher too.

What did those memorial cents come in as? Zincolns?

They made nickels out of silver? I just found of those('64) ther other day, and I think I put in a parking meter.

Back
Top Bottom