Can anybody help me brainstorm on how to legally make cash?

Goldenexpress

I am brainstorming on how to make cash for things like a car, house of my own, and life. Anybody want to help feel free. My only reward for this is that you might benefit from others post.

HH Michael

I am brainstorming on how to make cash for things like a car, house of my own, and life. Anybody want to help feel free. My only reward for this is that you might benefit from others post.

HH Michael
Not trying to be a wiseguy, but getting a job comes to mind. If you mean "cash" payouts, those are great if you can get away with it. Think of things other folks loathe doing...............mowing, painting, shoveling snow, window washing service, pressure cleaning, parking lot striping, trimming trees and hedges, and scrap all metal you can obtain legally, car de-tailing including waxing. Live frugally and avoid a partner if possible. If you smoke, quit. Avoid a car payment and other debts where possible. With the collapse of the housing market, IMO, it is probably better to rent or lease at this time. As you said, hopefully others chime in and can share ideas and experiences................

Thanks

Thanks, I have a job already, but it really isn't getting me anywhere fast. I was thinking somewhere along the lines of selling something home made or something, I used to do a writing gig that only got me around 10 dollars in 6 months. It wasn't worth the effort. I have brainstormed a little but have not found the ideal way that I could say make 50 extra bucks a week on top of my job and be good at it.

HH Michael

My wife paid off her car in 6 months by taking a few bucks every week & going to auctions and yard sales & putting the stuff on ebay.."Mostly antiques"...She never spent more then 5 dollars on anything & after she got to know what kind of stuff to buy she would often spend a couple dollars & resale it for up to a hundred..Its a lot easier to do then you think..

I agree with Lightningjack - buy cheapo things at yard sales and resell them on ebay. I did this for a few years some time back and almost always sold things. It's easy, profitable & leaves you time for detecting. steve in so az

Christmas is coming, advertise to hang peoples Christmas lights for them for like $20. Borrow a ladder and get at it, alot of folks are too busy to do it themselves until the last minute...I knew a few college kids in Boston who did this and they cleaned up! After that, use the $ for buying and selling other things like others mentioned above.
Good luck!

Thanks!

I never thought of that before, but I assume that I would have to know what things sell well and how to spot them. I see some more research coming my way.

HH Michael

Sorry

Christmas is coming, advertise to hang peoples Christmas lights for them for like $20. Borrow a ladder and get at it, alot of folks are too busy to do it themselves until the last minute...I knew a few college kids in Boston who did this and they cleaned up! After that, use the $ for buying and selling other things like others mentioned above.
Good luck!

Sorry, but kinda fond of heights. My dad fell off the roof when I was young and I don't want to make it into a like father like son thing. My dad had a limp for a while after.

HH Michael

It might take some study and research to learn the buy and sell business, but many have done it and done very well. I know one guy who put himself through university doing this.

The time you spend doing the research will pay you back many times over, much like metal detecting.

And the great part about it is that you can do as much or as little as you like with no fixed schedule to hang you up.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Get a job working for the US Mint running the printing press. :lol:

Haha! I work in printing. Actually the US mint is down the road a few miles. They have problems of their own right now...

To OP - I knew a guy who makes a couple grand a month in spare time. He buys and refinishes crappy furniture from garage sells. Always buys solid wood. Glues it up. Sands it. Paints it. Sells it. But you might need a house first to do it at...

My personal opinion only:

Whatever you do, avoid MLM schemes. All of them that I have seen get you to try and convert your soon-to-be-former-friends into marketing resources.

Some people have made a living off of eBay. You can buy cheap things and sell them there, or even do consignment work for friends and take a commission. I don't do this because I don't trust feeBay not to introduce fees/make changes that will screw up your business model sometime in the near future. Be sure to factor in PayPal deadbeats who will claim that they didn't get your package and have PayPal make you prove otherwise or your money is history...

The simplest thing might be to do lawn work, etc., or maybe the suggestion about buying cheap things, cleaning them up, and selling them at your own sale.

Do yourself a favor, and whatever you do, check with your locality about when and if a business license is required.

-- Tom

Legitimate ways to make some extra money which I currently am involved with are as follows:

I have a survey company that I deal with online which I earn points. I cash in those points either for gifts or restaurant gift cards. I do a survey about 2 times per week and get about $500 a year from that company. Another company I deal with, I receive mail on a regular basis, I have to log the mail with dates, enter them on the website and I get a check for $30 a month from them. It takes less than 5 minutes worth of work for the entire week to perform that task. I am also part of a survey/focus group that I get a monthly check for $300 for every month regardless how much work I do for them. I spend about 4-5 hours a month doing work for them but it is serious work. I also get sent products to evaluate and have to use and discuss and make suggestions for. At the end of the evaluation period I get to keep the products.

The other thing I do is mystery shop for restaurants. That is a lot of work and I don't do it much anymore. You have to go out to these restaurants and order specific items on specific days/times and do an evaluation. They reimburse you 100% including travel expenses X cents per mile deal. They may say, visit Olive Garden on Saturday xx, 2010 arrive at 6:30. Order this meal and this meal, appetizers, desert etc. You leave the suggested 15% tip and they will give you usually $10-$20 over what the bill is depending and you keep that as payment. Your meal is free, your fuel is free and you make a few bucks too. I registered with a family of 4 people even though I'm 3 and we usually take a friend with us when we go. I have received thousands of $$ worth of meals over the years and earn about $500-$600 a year on top of it all. Not a bad deal. Just be careful when you sign up for some of these places. If they ask for money upfront, they are not for real. All mine were free, but they have to accept you, it's not automatic.

Other than that, I have no ideas. Every little bit helps survive life though.

Back
Top Bottom