Ordered a Nox 600!

Lee1968

Elite Member
I have been using the AT Pro for several months, and have found a great deal of stuff. Over $200 in clad, and 16 silvers so far this year. I have no complaints, but I wanted to try something different and see how the Nox 600 does for me. I have done a lot of research, and I am hopeful it will get a little deeper and find me a few more silver than what I have been finding. I bought it from one of the sponsors of the forum, and it should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday. I am like a kid at Christmas right now, I can't wait to get it.

Congrats !!!! :thumbsup:

I know the feeling about feeling like a kid at Christmas :laughing: later this week I should get the Nox 800 I won in Scuba's contest, and going from a budget model Bounty Hunter it should be an amazing difference :lol:

From what many members are saying the Nox detectors are really great !

Amanda and I both got the nox 600 this spring and so far, it's been a blast. Its definitely a learning curve, took me a while to really get a feel for it, but once you get it figured out it's a great machine. I run it in all metal as often as I can and it finds deep targets that my other machines left behind. Just the other day I dug up 2 wheaties that were about 6" or more in an area I've hit hard over the last year. All metal is definitely chatty, but it's way more accurate as far as VDI goes. At least in my opinion. Definitely our new favorite machines. it's a nickel slayer too... lol

I know the feeling about feeling like a kid at Christmas :laughing: later this week I should get the Nox 800 I won in Scuba's contest, and going from a budget model Bounty Hunter it should be an amazing difference :lol:

Well Gary we are going to miss your photo graphic mashups. After your 800 arrives you simply will not have time for an digital photo creations. Maybe make one last creation of you going crazy trying to learn the 800.

I will miss those mashups.

Well Gary we are going to miss your photo graphic mashups. After your 800 arrives you simply will not have time for an digital photo creations. Maybe make one last creation of you going crazy trying to learn the 800.

I will miss those mashups.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I appreciate your kind words maxxkatt !

Well, you are right that the Nox 800 will take up some more of my time between learning it and using it, but don't give up hope, I can still at least have a day where I can quickly make up enough for a week in advance to be able to post at least one a day so no one gets "funny edits" withdrawal :laughing:

(While occasionally one might take a little more time, many of those are fairly quick to make)

Is there a Nox detector group on here for you to join since you are now going to be in the elite detectors club. At least you will be able to practice this winter while many of us are covered in snow and frozen ground. Your bounty hunter will make up a good back up unit to keep , in case your wife decides to join you in a hunt.

Is there a Nox detector group on here for you to join since you are now going to be in the elite detectors club. At least you will be able to practice this winter while many of us are covered in snow and frozen ground. Your bounty hunter will make up a good back up unit to keep , in case your wife decides to join you in a hunt.

Haven't checked yet if there is a specific group for Nox users, but there are a LOT of helpful posts on the Nox that a search can find. It might not be real often but my wife might occasionally surprise me and join me on a hunt, maybe moreso after I start getting some good finds :lol: (just kidding, she would enjoy just being out with me :lol:)

You wife detecting with you .

Haven't checked yet if there is a specific group for Nox users, but there are a LOT of helpful posts on the Nox that a search can find. It might not be real often but my wife might occasionally surprise me and join me on a hunt, maybe moreso after I start getting some good finds :lol: (just kidding, she would enjoy just being out with me :lol:)
Last time I was detecting with my wife was at a nice tourist resort in the Philippines , nice white sand almost trash free , we were there just 2 days . First thing she did was find a nice lounge chair in the shade and fall asleep. She sleep till time to go back in and eat , so much for detecting together. :laughing:

Last time I was detecting with my wife was at a nice tourist resort in the Philippines , nice white sand almost trash free , we were there just 2 days . First thing she did was find a nice lounge chair in the shade and fall asleep. She sleep till time to go back in and eat , so much for detecting together. :laughing:

She was cheerleading and supervising you in her own way :lol:

wife on detecting trip

She was cheerleading and supervising you in her own way :lol:

Well it was well deserved sleep , over there it is go , go, go all the time with her family getting as much family time as possible. Up still talking long after I have gone to bed and the up very early to pick up where they left off. So I really didn't mind, and I did amuse the armed guards watching the resort property from non guest . They would come over and see what I found.

I have been using the AT Pro for several months, and have found a great deal of stuff. Over $200 in clad, and 16 silvers so far this year. I have no complaints, but I wanted to try something different and see how the Nox 600 does for me. I have done a lot of research, and I am hopeful it will get a little deeper and find me a few more silver than what I have been finding. I bought it from one of the sponsors of the forum, and it should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday. I am like a kid at Christmas right now, I can't wait to get it.

Excellent choice, Sir! Be sure to register it online for warranty, and get it updated online. If you hunt after dark, the new update gives the 600 a better, low backlight setting that it didn't have before. Here is a recent thread about the update: (MT Trashdigger posted a link, and simple instructions)
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=276996

Excellent choice, Sir! Be sure to register it online for warranty, and get it updated online. If you hunt after dark, the new update gives the 600 a better, low backlight setting that it didn't have before. Here is a recent thread about the update: (MT Trashdigger posted a link, and simple instructions)
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=276996

Thanks! I appreciate the advice!

Amanda and I both got the nox 600 this spring and so far, it's been a blast. Its definitely a learning curve, took me a while to really get a feel for it, but once you get it figured out it's a great machine. I run it in all metal as often as I can and it finds deep targets that my other machines left behind. Just the other day I dug up 2 wheaties that were about 6" or more in an area I've hit hard over the last year. All metal is definitely chatty, but it's way more accurate as far as VDI goes. At least in my opinion. Definitely our new favorite machines. it's a nickel slayer too... lol

Thanks! I look forward to using it!

Back
Top Bottom