• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hey guys/gals intro here

Thanks all, GKL I watched every video I could find lol. The thing I'm realizing is there are so many variables in what kind of number your detector throws up. I had my sensitivity at 2 bars from max and found bottle caps at 2-6 inches and they ranged from 40-82 pretty consistently lol. I'd swing and hit 79-83 in one place turn on iron audio to make sure no grunting and get to digging thinking for sure I had a penny or something. Nope, pull tab lol. Maxxkatt it was a coint toss between getting the equinox 600 with no pin pointer or anything, or getting the ace 400 with a really good pin pointer and all the bells and whistles.

:welcome2: from the Great Black Swamp in NW Ohio! I started out with an Ace400 and really enjoyed the machine - easy to learn, flat out fun to use, and very nice performance for the price. I honestly would have kept it as a backup when I upgraded, but it was easier to keep peace with my wife by selling it :lol:

If you're interested in finding other forum members in your area, check out our new Forum Member Map, and let me know if you'd like me to add a pin for you:

**Revived** Forum Member Map

:fmdfwelcome: We're glad to have you, and hope to hear about your progress & finds! Enjoy the 400; I've had lots of fun with my Ace 250. :yes:

Welcome to the forum! You got a good machine to learn on. Its reliable and does a great job. I started with a bounty hunter tracker 4 and learned as much as I could about tones, target sizes, etc. Before I upgraded to a Fisher f22 and a teknetics delta 4000. Those were my first ever "VDI" Machines and it was a whole new ball game trying to learn the ins and outs. The numbers will say one thing, but the SOUND is what determines what I'll dig lol. Fast forward and I got the nox 600. Love love LOVE this machine but it's a heck of a learning process... all in all tho, this is one of those hobbies that you can almost always justify spending the little extra for the upgrade haha. My experience was something like this:

Stage 1: bought our first detector. Went out and found a million pulltabs before our first ever penny. That penny was the most exciting and epic find eve, until I found my first and only gold ring.

Stage 2: I found this forum and decided everyone else was finding all these killer finds and determined it was because they all had big expensive detectors. Upgraded and actually missed my first bounty hunter.

Stage 3: I'm absolutely 100% addicted to the hobby, I have 5 machines, 3 pin pointers and try to get out as much as humanly possible. Even with all the tools and tricks and knowledge, I still have t dug up another gold ring. Leave it to the hobby lobby detector to save the day haha. The nearly uncountable amount of pulltabs have caused me to notch out any possible chance of hitting gold again LOL.

This hobby is amazing tho, and this forum is full of very friendly and very knowledgeable folks.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom