Tesoro SEF Coils? KellyCo?

Diggler

Forum Supporter
Been reading/hearing that SEF coils will be available soon for Tesoro's and that they will be available through KellyCo. Is this a far fetched rumor or is their any truth in the matter? If so will the SEF be available for H.O.T, uMax or both? Will K.Co actually start selling Tesoro? Will Tesoro make a new TID machine? 2012 is approaching so fast it will make your head spin...:crazy:
Anyone?

An SEF coil for my Vaquero?
Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard!

Hope it's true..then I would have to decide between the clean sweep or this one as my next Vaq accessory.
Probably will need a better shovel, too.

Is Santa really coming to town?

Found this on a Euro site:

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,146
Not that I want to do this right away, and I realize this will probably kill the warranty, but who does the 10 turn GB mod on Vaquero's?

A Vaq with this mod and an SEF coil....

One day, I think I will want to be able to hear people talking in Chinese just below the bottom of my holes!

Not that I want to do this right away, and I realize this will probably kill the warranty, but who does the 10 turn GB mod on Vaquero's?

A Vaq with this mod and an SEF coil....

One day, I think I will want to be able to hear people talking in Chinese just below the bottom of my holes!
but who does the 10 turn GB mod on Vaquero's ....Keith Southern does great work.

I don't see why KellyCo would sell any aftermarket products for Tesoro's :?::?::?:, since they don't sell Tesoro detectors. But as my Grandmother used to say "nothing surprises me anymore".

I was looking at buying one too. I looked everywhere online, ebay... Didnt want to spend that much. I ended up buying a Tesoro 12x10 DD for my vaquero instead. Saved alittle and bought a new Lesche Relic hunter. ;)

I had Sven do the ten turn pot on my Vaquero..Very well pleased.The Ten Turn puts you in Tejon territory..Was out working a canal path and amazed at how deep some of the items were. If you are going to a clean sweep coil, having the ten turns to null you in is an inch or better easily. Talking to a person who claims the SEF coils give him better separation and an inch or more depth..Will be waiting to see how my finances churn out,but I may have a friend in the UK buy me one..Also, may buy a Tejon, have a 10 turn put in, bigger battery pack and hang the SEF off the end and see what happens...Maybe my clad count will go up????????? Between clad, selling "slaw" and aluminum tabs, I might get my money back by the time I hit 90....:)

Got mine from Kelly Co about a month ago and love it. Mine is for the Tejon, one is the 10x12 and the other is 12x15, needless to say I got them both.

Got mine from Kelly Co about a month ago and love it. Mine is for the Tejon, one is the 10x12 and the other is 12x15, needless to say I got them both.

I never saw them on the Kelly Co. site for the Tesoro detectors? Did you have to call to order it?

TimC. Can you give us a report on how the coils are working out, esp the smaller of the two...The Kellyco price is better than buying the coils over seas.Maybe much safer as well.....Going to be working one spot where DEPTH is the determining factor..Need to find a Tejon and compare target distances to my Vaquero..Will have about a three week window in the Spring if things don't flood out............:)

Sure thing Nad! The SEF coils are doing really well with better separation and depth than the Tesoro Coils. The 10x12 is one awesome coil and has found a permanent home at the end of the Tejon's shaft, while the 15x12 is deeper is does add some weight to the detector and makes the arm tired after swinging for a while. I keep the 10x12 on my DFX, MXT, Etrac, Explorer II SE and both my F75 and T2. I have SEF's for all these machines in both sizes and the larger 18x15 for the Minelabs and Whites. If I could wish I would wish for the 6x8 SEF for the Tejon. I bought the coils from JW at KellyCo. I was placing an order for another coils when I said "I wish you had them for the Tesoro machines and to my astonishment he said they just got them in and was not on the website yet, because the price was not as yet determined. In short he put me on hold and asked someone what they would probably sell for and he came back and said around 200.00 each, so I bought them both.

I have been trying to find a DD coil for my ElDorado. Any of the euro ones fit it? I emailed rework, but they never replied.
I don't know anything about the SEF coils but if they work on the Tejon it will not work on the Eldorado. The Eldorado uses a µMax style coil which is different than the "HOT" coil (High Output Technology) that works on the Tejon. (I am about 99% sure the Eldo uses the µMax coils but I have been wrong before).

Tesoro Lobo, Tejon, Vaquero & Cibola - 4 pin HOT coil

Tesoro Cortes/Deleon/Silver Sabres/
Silver U Max/Golden Sabre/Golden U Max/Sidewinder/Bandidos/ - 5 pin µMax coils

Back
Top Bottom