Question about Whites

Bazetech

I notice alot of people here have several different models of the brand. Many people have XLT, MXT and V3 or V3i. Just for curiosities sake can anyone shed more light on what is the main difference of the 3, or do you just use each for different applications? I'm preparing to pull the trigger, and am falling into the whole "what if the other one is better" catagory. Thanks, Dutch

The MXT is a good machine, but......

I have a v3i and my friend had been using his mxt for 2 years detecting a patch. I came in with the v3i and pulled 2 silver coins out of this area that he had pounded for years. Just about everytime I go out I find something of historical or monetary value.

With the v3i you get unequaled depth. There is "NOT" another vlf machine that goes deeper, that can be sold in the United States.

You also get three frequencies to hunt with. It has 3 dedicated channels for those three frequencies to analyze them in real time. No other detector does this. And it absolutely comes in handy in trashy areas when you just cant dig every rotten zinc penny.

I went back into an area that I had hunted over and over again to see if any of the deep one way signals where of any value. I had originally passed over them because they gave me a blocky jumping vdi reading and would splash in the ferrous value. Well I dug them and what do you know, 10" down and out popped a large square nail. The next one 7" down a small wood screw. This happened time and time again. You can seriously trust this detector. I would however recommend a smaller coil for the seriously trashy areas.

I also bought a 15x12 sef which is not entirely compatible with the 22.5 frequency, but works awesome in 3 frequency and the other 2. I have a silver dollar in my test patch at 14". I would have to turn my detector off not to hear it...:lol:

IMO all of the machines XLT, MXT, DFX v3i... all fall into the same category. What you paying for is the features of each. Tee XLT many options of the MXT and DFX, but the XLT is a single frequency. The MXT and DFX can operate at multiple freq's. The V3i just gets better with more advanced visual keys that help you clue in better on what you are digging.

Just comparing prices and pre-loaded programs doesn't do any justice.

If you want a side by side, go to Kellyco's site, click on the V3i, then click "Compare this Detector" Then choose the DFX and XLT and comparisons and you'll really see the difference.

Back
Top Bottom