Ace 250 Setup

JRAGEN

Banned
Well, I'm getting my 250 soon and I am wanting to know something.

What is the best setup to just find coins? I don't want to look for anything but them.... I am also not sure of all the features of the 250 and what it can/cant do.

Share all you can please... :D

I will tell you one thing it can do and that is find coins..I usualy just run my ace 250 in jewelry mode due to my hunting parks and fairgrounds..But the best way to do it is the way I did itjust find you a good spot and start digging everyhing and eventually you will either loose your arm or you will get the hang of it...Just my 2 cents...Also learn the pinpoint feature because the pinpoint feature on the 250 is great and saves alot of time but I still recommend a Garrett Propointer they are great to have. Good Luck

Like they say, "you will find coins", Just gotta put some time in with the machine and maybe some test practice. Learn the pinpointing function and use a hand-held pinpointer when you dig, makes things easier. Good hunting.

the 250 does have a coin mode. but i have to agree with the other posters: stick with "all metal" for the first little while until you get use to it and then start to discriminate if you feel you need to.
i've put in about 5 hours with mine in the past 2 days, filtered out the iron after about the first 1/2 hour, but then turned it back on again and started digging everything. probably hit close to 100 targets, 90% of them were nails but there's always the chance it'll lock onto iron, you'll ignore it and not dig and there could easily be a coin hiding right beside the nail. you just don't know if you don't dig it and then re-check the hole for anything else that could be hiding there. :D oh, unfortunately, no coins or jewelry. :no: yet........ ;)

Pete

Finding Coins Ace 250

I have found 1,000s of coins with the Ace 250 just use the coin mode, set sensitivity to 4 bars unless you are in a very clean area. If it rings penny and drops down one notch it is generally a zinc penny, if it rings solid penny or jumpy penny dime it is usually a copper penny or it is a dime. Ace is quarter killer, very good at finding quarters. Trick on pinpointing while holding in button locate spot where target is..slowly draw back the coil towards you, if signal drops off quickly the coin is right at the end of the coil it it persists more towards you it is probably junk...do this and you will find a lot more nickles. You do find jewelry in coin mode, almost all sterling objects will register as a coin, depending on what size most rings will be a dime or quarter. Gold rings will come in like a nickle and may jump up to dime or quarter depending on size. I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom