HELP! M6 acting up on me!!!

NCBounty15

Forum Supporter
While out MDing last night, towards the end of my run, the M6 was acting strange. After a few signals, it would just keep the tone...(Beep, beep, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep) and I would have to turn it off to make the thing stop. I'm really worried, anyone have any ideas? Battery level is around 6 or 7, fyi. Thanks,
NC

That sounds strange, is it doing it in one particular area (EMI problems??) If no than the coil could be going bad? :no: make sure the connection between the coil and the control housing are tight.

That sounds strange, is it doing it in one particular area (EMI problems??) If no than the coil could be going bad? :no: make sure the connection between the coil and the control housing are tight.

Thanks for that. What's EMI? This is the first time it has happened.

I'm not sure about the M6, but it's similar architecture to the MXT. The operating voltage of the MXT is 8v. Perhaps, your battery pack is below the threshold that the voltage regulator needs.

Electro Magnetic Interference, it is caused by power lines, underground wires etc. At a local park, there are lights by the sidewalks, there are underground wires that run to the lights, when I sweep close to the lights, my detector goes CRAZY!

Maybe lowjiber....but a level of 6/7 and it's saying it is too low? I'm just not sure.

Elixir, EMI is not the problem, I have hunted this park before just fine. It goes to the beep whenever I swing over a target; then it just doesn't shut up!

While out MDing last night, towards the end of my run, the M6 was acting strange. After a few signals, it would just keep the tone...(Beep, beep, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep) and I would have to turn it off to make the thing stop. I'm really worried, anyone have any ideas? Battery level is around 6 or 7, fyi. Thanks,
NC

Sounds like new batteries are in order. 6 or 7 Volts is below the internal voltage regulator which makes for some flaky behavior.

From your manual.

The battery voltage appears automatically on the
display when the Gain is used to turn the MXT
"ON"( same for M6). Once the batteries become weak (8 volts)
"Lo Bat" will automatically appear on the display
during searching. At that point the batteries should
be replaced.

I've never run my batteries that low. Rob

definitely try a new set of batteries. Minimum voltage level for that detector is around 8. If you are at 6/7, that is super low. I am surprised it works at all.

Dave

My F4 goes nuts when my cell phone rings. Even if I am in a dead zone it still goes nuts. If you have a cell phone with you do a test and have someone call you on it. I usually turn mine off.

Is your cable loose on the shaft? If loose tighten it up. See if this helps. You may have to have the black box worked on. How old is your unit? If it keeps acting up, pack it up and send it to the factory, after calling and describing the problem, The company rep can give you the information to send it back and cost.(:-)

Back
Top Bottom