Looking to buy E-trac or whites spectra

NiagracountyNY

Elite Member
My question to anyone using the new whites machine,does it go as deep as my SE or the E-Trac..I know it has better ability to tell the size/shape of the target.But i need a deep machine for old cellar holes..I was reading guys who used the DFX and now have the spectra are going over the sites they hunted before and are making alot of new finds..My buddy has a dfx and i have been finding all the stuff he missed alrdy with my SE.Does the spectra go any deeper than the E-trac or atleast as deep as it??If it atleast goes as deep as The E-Trac i would go with the whites due to all the information on the target i can get.But i am not willing to give up any depth.If anyone has used these 2 machines could u plz post your opinion on this topic.I hate to spend that kind of money and then wish i had the other machine.Thx again for you help.

I would be interested in seeing if there are any field reports on this aspect also. Liek hitting a target with the V3 and then seeing of the Explorer hit it too, or visa-versa. Not sure if there is anything out there though. At least I haven't seen it.

Anyway, from what I have read, there are three advantages the V3 has over the Explorer.

1. V3 hunts faster so you can cover more ground.
2. V3 supposed to handle trashy sites better.
3. V3 has better target ID.

I can't vouch for these finding personally as I have never used the V3. Just pretty consistent things I have read from numerous sources as I continue to follow the V3

Dave

I keep seeing guys who used the dfx say they are going over the sites they aldy did and are finding more targets..well as i said ,the minelab se has been doing that for years..I havent used the E trac yet but i know the peports are superb,the machine is faster response and goes deeper.We need to get a head to head test..Any who can help ??

Yes I have also gone back over well worked ground and found even more with the Etrac. Right now I have the SunRay X-5 5.5" coil on the Etrac and it works great! But I am going to try the 5.3 Eclipse coil on the Vision and see how well that will work. I am also fond of the F75. Ok I don't feel you will be unhappy with an Etrac and if I can help you in getting one just PM or email me at John's Detectors.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

Yes I have also gone back over well worked ground and found even more with the Etrac. Right now I have the SunRay X-5 5.5" coil on the Etrac and it works great! But I am going to try the 5.3 Eclipse coil on the Vision and see how well that will work. I am also fond of the F75. Ok I don't feel you will be unhappy with an Etrac and if I can help you in getting one just PM or email me at John's Detectors.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors
Thx for that offer :)My question really is will the vision go as deep as the E-trac...if so i would like the color screen and the target id sizing.Let me know how u make out,If u can do a side by side test that would be great.Alot of people have the same question.

Does the E-Trac go deeper than the SE ?

I also would like to know if the E-Trac out does the Spectra

Whoever wins the shootout will maybe win two new customers.

Well guys I personally have more experience on the SE and Etrac and I am very satisfied with the capabilities of these 2 machines. I feel the Etrac is able to help find those missed targets even after an SE has been there. I have had the Vision out also in the same areas and even though I don't feel confident with it doesn't mean it's not an even match for the Etrac. But if I had to choose it would be the Etrac for me. But I do want to try the small 5.3 Eclipse coil on the Vision and see how it does. I must say the new 11" Pro coil from Minelab performs very well. Again in the end

ETRAC is my game!

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

I got this money burning a whole in my pocket.

Shooootouuuut. Is there anyone on here that can do a Youtube shootout between the E-Trac and Spectra V3 ?

Seeded hunt comparison ?

Hi Rannon, I would go with your gut feeling, so if the Spectra stands out more than others then that is what I would buy. I just installed the Eclpse small coil on my Vision and look forward to finding out what it can do. I can't imagine that Whites would let something out to the market that is not up to their standards. Ok I hope this will help some and let me know if I can help. Good hunting.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

My guts say 'steak and shrimp dinneeeer' 'Chiiiina all you can eat buuuffet' and then when I ask it about metal detectors it says...

Shooooootout.

I have to know the truth. It must be revealed!

Come on John you have both. You know you want to host a shootout for us and proclaim a winner once and for all. Deep down you want the same answers we do.

john johN joHN jOHN JOHN!*

*This indicates the crowd cheering you on.

You know.. As a retailer, he may be forbidden from doing this. At a minimum it could put his manufacturer relationships at risk.

Yeah, I guess. I don't want you to get into trouble John....but I've got another question for you.

My guts are saying 'Spectra'....do you think I should be checked out by a doctor? Does it sound serious? Am I going to live? Will I ever find treasuuuuuuuure?!?!

@13rannon

Angellionel is selling his just bought Spectra for $1350 with headphones,

Try PMing him about it, why would he part with it, him having a DFX????:?:

Yeah, I guess. I don't want you to get into trouble John....but I've got another question for you.

My guts are saying 'Spectra'....do you think I should be checked out by a doctor? Does it sound serious? Am I going to live? Will I ever find treasuuuuuuuure?!?!

Hi Rannon, You will only find treasure through research and search, will the Spectra be better than the Etrac? It depends on how much time you put in with one or the other. But be sure you can read the map that leads you to the right detector for you. If you misinterpret a sign then you may end up with the wrong detector, that could be as bad as missing the treasure. I know what is working for me for I have the knowledge of what works----for me. Should you decide to take this journey then I wish you well 13Rannon and remember there are death traps along the way(namely spouse). Good hunting my friend.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

Alright,

I have a different question...will a Spectra out perform a TDI detector in depth?

If u can john,that shootout would be the best way for me to decide ,and prob help alot of other people trying too decide on which detector to drop an awful lot of money on..You would save alot of people some serious frustration im sure..Thx

Alright,

I have a different question...will a Spectra out perform a TDI detector in depth?

Hi Brannon, Ok we now have 2 different detectors, one in the time domain and the other in the Frequency domain. But yes the TDI should almost always be deeper than the Spectra or any other VLF most of the time. I suspicion that the Spectra is going to be a good relic finder and depending on the size of the target it could be close to the TDI. But when you go into full PI mode on the TDI it will be king. Brannon you might want to read some of Cybersage's posts because he is logging more time than me on the Spectra. I know one thing there are many different settings and functions in the Spectra that can aid you in finding the deep ones once you learn how to utilize them Brannon. But if I can get the time to use the Vision I will try to post on it. The wrap around ability of the Spectra is very interesting thing also. Ok good hunting and I will be in touch.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

Back
Top Bottom