My BHID Vs My Deleon

Elixir

Elite Member
Recently I have been hunting hunting the local sports field at my local park, I love water hunting, and most of my buddys dont like land hunting, well I love land hunting as well. Today the weather wasn't very nice so I brought my BHID to the park instead of the deleon which I use regularly at the park, I have used the bhid at the park before and it worked great! The bhid completely destroys the deleon in the sports field, the deleon chatters and clicks over all of the iron targets and the bhid just smoooothly discriminates the iron trash and junk out beautifully. Everytime I take the beach hunter on land it is really a good performer, it is a little heavy yes, but it works great. I am thinking of selling the deleon and getting an ACE 250 with a sunray probe. I dont know why the deleon just doesnt perform as well as the whites...

My experience with my BHID on land has been a good one as well. I actually dug more nickels with it that any of my other machines.

Iv`e allways wanted to try another detector at the parks but all I have is the de leon.
I have never had chatter on iron though..It hits it but there is no sound only a VDI reading.
Maybe your soil is more difficult.
Good luck.

Elixir my buddy did you bump your head (I am thinking of selling the deleon and getting an ACE 250) :?: :lol::lol:. Just kidding, almost all of the Tesoro's I have had done well in iron. Is it noisey even with the sens. turned down a bit. When you put it all metal mode and pump the coil up and down over a clean spot (free of iron) does the threshold sound increase/decrease/stay about the same. If the ground balance is off alot it will make the DeLeon false. There is a trim pot inside to adjust the ground balance. Matching the g.b. to your soil might make a huge difference. Steve.

Hi Elixir,

how does the deloen compare in depth to the bhid? and will the disc affect depth?
I don't think the 10 kHz are responsible for that iron-love. Having the MXT with 14 kHz that runs so smooth to iron infested areas.

I know the tesoros aren't that deep, but how deep will it do let's say to a clad dime?

(No bashing any brands or so, please.)

Hi Elixir,

how does the deloen compare in depth to the bhid? and will the disc affect depth?
I don't think the 10 kHz are responsible for that iron-love. Having the MXT with 14 kHz that runs so smooth to iron infested areas.

I know the tesoros aren't that deep, but how deep will it do let's say to a clad dime?

Sorry to cut in on Elixir's post Vito but I have found that any of the Tesoro's that I have used and I have used a number of them that they all can hit a clad dime (in my soil) at 6 inches with no problem. I find that Tesoro's are very good in iron and hit extremely well on low conductive items such as small jewelry. Steve.

Hi Elixir,

The depth is comparable, but the whites is much smoother. The tesoro is a good and has honest depth. It does hit very well on small objects. I will pick up a smaller gold chain if its spread out. And of course im sure the disc affects the depth.

Sorry to cut in on Elixir's post Vito but I have found that any of the Tesoro's that I have used and I have used a number of them that they all can hit a clad dime (in my soil) at 6 inches with no problem. I find that Tesoro's are very good in iron and hit extremely well on low conductive items such as small jewelry. Steve.

The depth is comparable, but the whites is much smoother. The tesoro is a good and has honest depth. It does hit very well on small objects. I will pick up a smaller gold chain if its spread out. And of course im sure the disc affects the depth.

Thank you very much for the response, gentlemen. I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom