How many "Good Spots" do you have?

AJinNJ

Forum Supporter
I''m a woods hunter, haven't ventured into many farm fields yet, but really want to start trying to get some permission at some.

How many good spots do you have? 5? 10? countless??

When the finds dry up at your "honey holes", do you just go back to spot #1 and start hunting it again?

We're always on the lookout for "new spots" but lately, for me, they're becoming more difficult to find...I might get a new single spot every so often, but don't have tons of spots in my back pocket.

I'm sure knocking on doors will open up many more opportunities, but like many,it can be a crapshoot and you don't know until you try...I know

Have a couple, 3 dozen on rotation. Depending on the mood and conditions, there's...the old schoolyards, the old parks, the woods, or the beaches. There's another hundred+ good public spots I'll never get to, never mind find time to go knock on doors:lol:

I've got some churches, old schools and parks etc. I think it is a never ending journey trying to find new virgin sites. I believe it has to come to door knocking eventually if you want to find new sites to hunt. Good luck and HH.

I have one huge ghetto park I frequent, other than that, I only detect old private properties that are supplied to me by 2 realtors.

Have no old parks... but found a ring that is marked "Sterling" from what I heard that is an older marking of .925 silver, and 2 Wheaties in two days out of an 80s park on the edge of an old town.

everywhere is a good spot here ppl dropping cool stuff for more than 2000 years and farm fields are everywhere just harder to ask permission since im not to fluent in german but i usually get the point across and the farmers are usually pretty nice and really interested in my finds

Have luck in my parent's yard as well as my wife's old house. Found a cool tax token there Saturday. Rang up as 25¢.

Currently I have one company that owns a lot of land 300+ acres and it seems to almost all be "good" spots in various ways. I have mostly been frequenting there. I also have an old farm I can visit any time.
When I am at work and detecting on a lunch break, I have one old park I go to and that is all for now.
Here at home, there are also 3 parks that I occasionally go to, but not so often any more.

I only have 1 good spot and it is at the other end of the country (literally) Although i think i almost cleaned it out (probably not).

I got a couple of parks one is almost all modern clad except for like 5 wheaties and the other is late 30s and early 40s built on a old farm from the early 1800s. I also I have a church a couple of neighboring houses and an old foundation. Lastly I have a couple of beaches like to go to.

Back
Top Bottom