• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lost Weekend

Milk Man

Went up between Douglas and Farmer Washington to visit a friend and took my MD. Its a 3 hour drive, but stopped about half way at a fruit stand and they had some wonderful Raineer cherries and I got 3 pounds of them OHH Mann were they good.

Went on up the other side of Wenatchee and Parked and hiked into an old mine that I had found 25 years ago. 25 years ago it was just right up there on the hill. I swear they moved it, I hiked for an hour and a half, thought I was going to die. It got up over a 100 degrees. Finally got there and set up the MD and started. Couldn't find anything in the tailings but the brush a grown up so thick it was tough.

Went inside and immediately thought to myself why didn't you remember to bring the flash light. Went in anyway and as I remember there was a spot top front of cave and all the way in the back that was solid courtz (how ever its spelled). It was pitch black but all the way in the back stumbling around I got a pretty good hit right on top in the back about where I remeber the vein of courtz was. Well I climbed out and decided I would come back some day and headed back down. That was when those darn cherries kicked in - enough said about that.

Drove on up to my destination and saw my buddy. He lives in the middle of nowhere, nearest place is 5 miles away. Years ago when I met him and wife I was lost and drove down this old dirt road and first thing he said was did you see my Christmas lights. I may have been the only one saw then that year. Got up the first morning and looked out the window---

As you can see this is wheat land. I was hopeful to MD some home steads, but they have only started to cut and if you drive on the wheat they will be very very upset. So next time I go up and visit I will check it out. And now I have one more beer left in the fridge (my 6 pack yearly alotment) and I will wish you all happy MDing and cooooler temps.

Attachments

• deer.JPG
    deer.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 197
Great adventure! Thanks for sharing with us.

Gee I didn't know Washington State looks like that. That's what most of South Dakota looks like! Hot here too.

I know the area you're talkin, and it is pretty, and there are alot of old, cool homesteads to look at. Visited an old mine around there myself a couple of months ago. I too forgot my flashlight. Went into the cave basically blind, wondering if a bear might be taking a nap inside. I ended up finding a few small spikes like they used for their tracks.

Back
Top Bottom