Ace 250 tones

Digg'n

All you Ace 250 users, I've been at it for a few days just trying to get used to the 250. I will get a reading like its a coin but then it jumps all over and might come back. My question is that do you all take this as trash and skip it since its not repeatable or do you dig it? I skip them because when I was using my Tracker IV it was usually can slaw or some other trash. Thanks

I usually dig all bings and dings. The display isn't full proof or Fool proof. If it is late in the hunt though and the signal is not strong and repeatable I walk on.

over 2 years with the 250 has proved to me that a really jumpy signal all over the place is 95 % of the time junk. the other 5 % its probably multiple coins in one spot. but if you're holding the coil steady over the target and its sounding like a slot machine paying off and the cursor is running up and down the screen...its either a really shallow object or just junk.

Several things are important in learning the Ace:
(1. Sensitivity setting
(2. Either raising the coil or sizing with pinpoint-or both combined.
(3. Discrimination setting.
(4. Sweep speed.
These items sometimes all interact. The faster the sweep-to a point-the deeper the Ace goes. With discrimination set at coins, and a medium fast sweep, and a higher sensitivity, the Ace will "reset" with a "bong" on some large targets but will reject them with a slower sweep speed and lower sensitivity. At the Relics setting, a "boop" low tone will sound since the detector won't have to "fight" the reset and of course a/m will be even better. So the trick is to find a sweep speed and a sensitivity setting that correlates to the trash/large iron content in each site. I do it this way: I set my sensitivity at 3 bars and have a fairly fast sweep speed and I'm almost always in Relics mode. Only heavy trash areas get the coins mode. At 3 bars with a brisk sweep speed, the Ace is about as deep as 4 bars and a slower sweep speed. Anyway, I think you get the idea-experiment.

I have been using my ACE250 for a long time now.
While relic hunting I found the best setting for me is under "Custom"
notching out only the iron icon and 4 bars of sensitivity.
I get amazing results :wow:;):D
Good luck to you and HH,
ramm

I mainly coinshoot and I use custom with everything notched out from pulltabs and down. Because I've dug plenty of junk on a nickel reading. Sensitivity is at 3 bars. I slow the coil down when I get a signal and walk around the target to see if its a solid signal and it will jump all over the place sometimes. I only dig it when its repeatable.

This is turning out to be a great 250 tips thread. I'm still new with mine, so I have no tips. :(

All you Ace 250 users, I've been at it for a few days just trying to get used to the 250. I will get a reading like its a coin but then it jumps all over and might come back. My question is that do you all take this as trash and skip it since its not repeatable or do you dig it? I skip them because when I was using my Tracker IV it was usually can slaw or some other trash. Thanks

I usually skip over anything like that. I dig solid repeating , and consistent signals. Ive probably missed some good finds by skipping over these targets , but I am primarily a coin hunter and usually have limits on my time. By skipping over the iffy signals and moving on to better ones I bring home a pocket full of coins instead of wasted time digging trash. But when I have more time to work with I dig some iffy signals , I just havent had it pay off yet tho.

I have been using my ACE250 for a long time now.
While relic hunting I found the best setting for me is under "Custom"
notching out only the iron icon and 4 bars of sensitivity.
I get amazing results :wow:;):D
Good luck to you and HH,
ramm
If you'd like to save the customs mode for another setup, your setting is the same as the Relics mode.;)

I have been using the ace 250 for about 4months now and found that a real jumpy signal in the coin section usually means it's a very shallow coin.if it jumps around all over the place it is usually junk.and always leave your nickel display on because it makes the same sound for pull tabs and gold!

Attachments

• 659a7d15-e194-44c6-852a-50e107844cc7.jpeg
    659a7d15-e194-44c6-852a-50e107844cc7.jpeg
    17 KB · Views: 397
Back
Top Bottom