• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

"Treasure Hunting? You're Kidding!"

... he offered me permission to hunt 3 different properties he owns!:D 2 houses built 1906, as well as an 1800's stone church he converted to a home!!

Since you're in Pennsylvania, I assume you'll have to wait for the snow to melt and the ground to thaw?

Well if they questioned my sanity I'd probably look down at my watch and say... oh look at the time, gotta run.

Then add as I walk away ....and by the way, it was paid for from detecting and I could go on and on, but that would probably make me look more insane. :D

Attachments

• superavenger.jpg
    superavenger.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 244
What do the three small dials do?

And why do those watches cost so much? (Like $6,000 or more).

My watch cost twenty bucks, and it resets itself to the correct second every night, using the WWV radio signal. (I ran a radio station before I retired, and it was vitally important that our watches were correct to the exact second.)

Didn't ya hear? Watches are a thing of the past with all the electronic devices around.....might be able to pick up a good used Rolex, cheap, in a few years......

Dusty

What do the three small dials do?

And why do those watches cost so much? (Like $6,000 or more).

My watch cost twenty bucks, and it resets itself to the correct second every night, using the WWV radio signal. (I ran a radio station before I retired, and it was vitally important that our watches were correct to the exact second.)

It's a chronograph watch... as in it has a stop watch, and that's what the extra dials are for. As for the cost the retail on mine is going up to 5k but I didn't pay anything close to it, so with the increase I can pretty much sell it used for what I paid new. Watch prices in general come down to a few things, quality, how complicated they are, and brand name. It is insane what some of the higher end stuff costs.... like buy a nice house prices. I don't know what the people do that can afford them, but they are out there. The only reason I own this one is like i said it was paid for, and i can always get my money back, so it's like having cash in a bank.

Didn't ya hear? Watches are a thing of the past with all the electronic devices around.....might be able to pick up a good used Rolex, cheap, in a few years......

Dusty

Probably not, just looked at as being more a jewelry type item. I know they won't be replaced by modern technology and just can't see them being completely wiped out.

I wouldn't count on getting that cheap Rolex unless it's made in China! :D

Just checked my (Verizon) cellphone - it's 4 seconds slow. ARG!

Yup, my trac phone is off once in awhile as well. But being retired means not having to worry about the time.......you don't have that much left anyway!!!!:lol::yes::lol:

Dusty

Back
Top Bottom