• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Came out of my doctors house with a blank and a 1957 D zinc Penny! Need help!

Pokeplayer101

Elite Member
I recently went to my doctors since he invite me to trade coins. So what I came out with was...

1945 P War Nickel
1919 Wheat Penny
1957 D Wheat Penny (Zinc Plated)
One Blank Penny (Blank on both sides)

For the 1957 D it is not copper. I think it is Zinc Plated but I am not sure. I looks like a 1943 Zinc Penny but it is a 1957 D penny. How much is it worth?

It's hard to believe any of your post when you never include pics.

Maybe he isn't comfortable with the technology.
I can post pics of coins and it doesn't mean I have them either.
Why wouldn't you believe that he acquired these comparatively modest coins?

Maybe he isn't comfortable with the technology.
I can post pics of coins and it doesn't mean I have them either.
Why wouldn't you believe that he acquired these comparatively modest coins?
To be honest. I absoulutly hate technology. I wish it never existed. But I have to use it because it is something that a lot of people in this world have. I would much rater have a life without all this fancy stuff. But without technology there would not be MD'ing so I am a little happier.

To be honest. I absoulutly hate technology. I wish it never existed. But I have to use it because it is something that a lot of people in this world have. I would much rater have a life without all this fancy stuff. But without technology there would not be MD'ing so I am a little happier.

There's nothing wrong with that, and it's not required. If at some point you want to learn how to upload you pics and share them on a forum there are many youtube videos with step by step walkthroughs. The pic hosting sites are free and they keep them pretty simple. You can also find other info on how to re-size your pics so they are a useful size for forums.
Either way, congrats on the interesting coin additions.

There's nothing wrong with that, and it's not required. If at some point you want to learn how to upload you pics and share them on a forum there are many youtube videos with step by step walkthroughs. The pic hosting sites are free and they keep them pretty simple. You can also find other info on how to re-size your pics so they are a useful size for forums.
Either way, congrats on the interesting coin additions.

I know how. I have done it before.

dahell kind of response is that? so he's a liar because he chooses not to post a pic? you need to learn some manners , whoever you are. pathetic .

Did I call him a liar? Please point out where I did. I did not reference it to myself I was referencing to others not believing him because he puts coins in the classifieds and includes no pictures. Before you open your big mouth not knowing what you're talking about check around the forum. Thanks.

Did I call him a liar? Please point out where I did. I did not reference it to myself I was referencing to others not believing him because he puts coins in the classifieds and includes no pictures. Before you open your big mouth not knowing what you're talking about check around the forum. Thanks.

Arisaka,

You forget this is the friendly forum. In essence you did call him a liar in your inference of not believing anything he posts. If you have nothing to add other than negativity to a guys post, then just don't say anything. This isn't findmall or some other flame site.

Also, this has NOTHING to do with what he puts in classifieds. He was asking about value of coins, plain and simple. Simply, if you don't like what the guy/gal is posting....move on, no need to troll his posts.

**Edit** As for the OP, I have never heard of a zinc plated wheat other than the the war era "steelies" being zinc and steel. Is the outside plated with zinc, or is it a zinc chip plate with copper? I hope you find the answer to your question. As for the other coins, not sure what you traded to get them, but they are your run of the mill coins and no special dates.

Greg

Last edited:
Arisaka,

You forget this is the friendly forum. In essence you did call him a liar in your inference of not believing anything he posts. If you have nothing to add other than negativity to a guys post, then just don't say anything. This isn't findmall or some other flame site.

Also, this has NOTHING to do with what he puts in classifieds. He was asking about value of coins, plain and simple. Simply, if you don't like what the guy/gal is posting....move on, no need to troll his posts.

**Edit** As for the OP, I have never heard of a zinc plated wheat other than the the war era "steelies" being zinc and steel. Is the outside plated with zinc, or is it a zinc chip plate with copper? I hope you find the answer to your question. As for the other coins, not sure what you traded to get them, but they are your run of the mill coins and no special dates.

Greg

I am not sure what kind. Could it be a silver plated penny?

It could be plated in silver. Run your coil over it. If it sounds like a normal copper penny, then that is probably it. Test it with a newer zinc penny and then a wheat penny. Whichever it sounds like will clue you in to the composition.

Greg

you seem to be of a disposition that doesnt jive with this type of forum. you should move it on buddy. it's not my fault if the truth hurts :grin:

Arisaka,

Greg

I never trolled his post. And I never called him a liar. LIAR was never in that sentence if it was I must be losing my sight. I'm not here to argue and my intention was not to come off as a "troll." If you wanted to buy my car and I said it's in great shape and you asked for a picture and I didn't send one would you really be like "Wow this is great." Great in my mind might be trash. Once again I'm not here to argue so I'm leaving this thread. I have nothing against Pokeplayer and was talking to him a few days ago, It's the fact that Hook came off wrong saying pathetic off one post.

It could be plated in silver. Run your coil over it. If it sounds like a normal copper penny, then that is probably it. Test it with a newer zinc penny and then a wheat penny. Whichever it sounds like will clue you in to the composition.

Greg

Can't I try sticking it to a magnet?

I never trolled his post. And I never called him a liar. LIAR was never in that sentence if it was I must be losing my sight. I'm not here to argue and my intention was not to come off as a "troll." If you wanted to buy my car and I said it's in great shape and you asked for a picture and I didn't send one would you really be like "Wow this is great." Great in my mind might be trash. Once again I'm not here to argue so I'm leaving this thread. I have nothing against Pokeplayer and was talking to him a few days ago, It's the fact that Hook came off wrong saying pathetic off one post.

Enough... this thread was reported... if you don't like the way the OPer started this thread then in the future move on... I hope you get my drift of where I am coming from. Do not respond in this thread again.

So it sticks to the magnet a tiny bit but not too much. Because part of the plate is worn off but the majority of the plate is still there. So what kind of plate can it be?

Normally i would read this kind of thread and just move on. I think it needs to be removed or closed. If I click onto it one more time i am going to open a can of worms. And i hate drama and rarely do it (open a can of worms). Theres my two cents. Please don't make me come back with more than two cents. WOLF

Back
Top Bottom