need water machine

Digger Gabe

I am looking at the tiger shark for salt water beach in Fl. here it is awsome in fresh water but noyhing about salt water any in put would be appreciated

Digger Gabe

I personally wouldn't go with it for salt water. The Sand Shark would be better . The PI Pro even better. Although you can have some luck with the Tiger it isn't the best for those conditions.
:yes:

may be i should have stated im 74 years old and i only go in ankle deep water or the wet sand just dont want to get my land machines wet

a minelab , elite or gt are killer on the beach an yes you can take it in ankle deep with no problems, runs very smooth on dry an wet sand. they do have a learning curve thou an some people have a hard time understanding them but after that they are great.

Digger Gabe said:
I am looking at the tiger shark for salt water beach in Fl. here it is awsome in fresh water but noyhing about salt water any in put would be appreciated

Digger Gabe

Why not look at a BeachHunterID they are good in the fresh or saltwater. And they are easy to operate.

Cfmct-PI said:
Digger Gabe said:

Digger Gabe

Why not look at a BeachHunterID they are good in the fresh or saltwater. And they are easy to operate.

As long as the beaches you'll be going to are not highly mineralized. In Fl, the BHID should do very well.

I've run the Tigershark on Clearwater beach in Florida and although it will run ok with sensitivity reduced, it still falses a fair bit and of course you give up depth reducing the sensitivity. The salt disc setting on it is misleading, it is a poor machine for salt water in my opinion although excellent for fresh water. On the west coast beaches in B.C. it was barely usable due to black sand. I've since switched to a Detectorpro Diver and found it runs very well in salt and handles mineralization without a problem at all. I've run mine on the west coast, and in Costa Rica with no loss of depth or falsing. It gets fair depth for a VLF machine although of course the Excalibur or Sovereigns will outdo it by several inches.

Just my two cents worth, but you might want to consider a Detectorpro Diver or Wader model if you don't want to go with a PI machine and want a waterproof machine. Personally if I were only going to hunt Florida beaches I'd go with a PI. Those beaches are heavily detected and the extra depth will be a great help, plus there is little iron trash left from what I saw. If I were just going to hunt to ankle deep and didn't want to use a PI then I'd use a Sovereign with a 10" coil. (the WOT coil would be even better but I didn't care for that large a coil in the water, even shallow water).

I only mentioned the BeachHunter because it does have discrimination and didn't mention the PI because of Gabes age. I'm no spring chicken myself but I'm used to digging seeing how its in my line of work otherwise I would tell Gabe to go with a PI.

Back
Top Bottom