And so my luck continues.

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
So Monday I am working on replacing all my Cisco switches with new Aurba switches. Using a small 2' fold up step stool to reach to top of the rack. I begin to turn to step off and my toes caught on the side of the stool and I feel backwards on the concrete floor right on my left butt cheek. I knew instantly I have either broke my hip or as the very least dislocated my left leg. Pain was incredible and I had to work my way to the door to get help. Forgot I had my Apple Watch, iphone and oncall cell on me I could have used.

Any, I broke my left hip and had surgery Monday afternoon. Just got home last night. Looks like I've got at least 6-6 weeks off.

Getting ready to head to OR

IMG_8742.jpg

They put in a ron & pin.

IMG_8744.jpg

Oh lord you snapped that ball joint right off of there! Looks like it was a clean break though...A guy would expect this if you were a Bering Sea crabber and got slapped by a pot, or a Pro Football player...but a Computer guy in Kansas?

Well, why dont you send me your NOX and I'll put it to work and keep you entertained with OUR findings while you recover?!

Dont answer now, wait until you are on some post op pain meds...then it will sound like a good idea! Heck have it delivered to my house along with your mustang and I'll keep the dust blown off of them both for you...

Get well soon and stay in contact with us!

ps, keep that blue hat...it would make a good coil cover for working the snow...which is about when you will be hunting next...

Attachments

• bag coil-2.jpg
    bag coil-2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 243
That’s bad luck! Man I feel bad for you,being laid up like that sucks.Hope you feel better,oh yea,your turf is open ground for the next 6 weeks.lol

Wow man ! So sorry to hear that, hope recovery goes well and quick !

My wife is always reminding me to be careful on ladders, she knows I can be clumsy at times :lol:

One thing I need to be very careful about is that I've had times in the past where I thought I was ready to step down on the ground and then realize there was still one more step :shock: I make a conscious effort to stay more focused now.

Thankfully it's been a very long time since I broke a bone.

WOW!!!! Can't tell you how many times I've used a stool to mount things in the top of a rack. This will make me pay a lot more attention from now on.

Speedy recovery.

Wow, hopefully you'll be better sooner than you think...

I couldn't write a better post than Mud's if spent two days trying...

Get well soon man!!!

<°)))>{

Wow sorry to hear that, on the bright side maybe you can get a buddy or two to push your bed while you swung the Nox over the side. Lol

Bummer. Remember when hip meant something you wanted to be and not something you worry about? Heal up quick.

Back
Top Bottom