Beaver Tail Signal Turns Out To Be A Silver Bracelet 999.9

pine3874

Elite Member
While out detecting in chest deep water at the lake today I got a solid hit with a VDI of 47(Beaver Tail pulltab) on my Kruzer. When I pulled my scoop up and saw the bracelet inside I thought that it sure looks like silver. But based on the VDI and the fact that there were no markings, I really wasn't sure. After getting home and acid testing it, there was no more doubt. It instantly turned dark red so is at a minimum 925 I would say. I guess because of the shape and the links on the bracelet, the VDI was so low. Silver would normally have a VDI in the 80's on the Kruzer. The bracelet weighs 7.3g and is 6 inches long.

**UPDATE** Turns out the bracelet is 999.9 silver. Thanks to Steve, post #9 in thread for letting me know about the marks!!

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 701
  • DSCF1831.jpg
    DSCF1831.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 687
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 527
Last edited:
Linked bracelets and chains

usually hit on a single link unless balled up, knotted. Most fine chains are found by hitting on the clasp. 80#s on coins are determined by size. Both my half dimes were 40ish, so a link or ball being silver and that size would likely hammer out a 20s or pull tab territory. That's a nice find, most diggers would ignore it.

while out detecting in chest deep water at the lake today i got a solid hit with a vdi of 47(beaver tail pulltab) on my kruzer. When i pulled my scoop up and saw the bracelet inside i thought that it sure looks like silver. But based on the vdi and the fact that there were no markings, i really wasn't sure. After getting home and acid testing it, there was no more doubt. It instantly turned dark red so is at a minimum 925 i would say. I guess because of the shape and the links on the bracelet, the vdi was so low. Silver would normally have a vdi in the 80's on the kruzer. The bracelet weighs 7.3g and is 6 inches long.

sweet!

On the 1 link there will likely be 3 characters. 银 something something. Translates to 999.9

Thank you so much for the info! How the hell did you know that? Those characters are so small that I didn't see them until you mentioned it. Tried to take a photo of them with macro, but they are just too small.

Huge score - congrats...…. ALWAYS check out every signal on the beach. The water / sand (wet or dry) often make things sound screwy.... I won't lie and say I take ALL trash with me (litter everywhere) but I do take everything with me that I dig. For the stuff I don't scoop I at least kick the sand to reveal what is down there..... keep or leave.... The beaches I go to have a sand sweeper so I normally dig up all the cans and other garbage so the service will get them in the morning..... why do people burry their beer cans???

Back
Top Bottom