The problem with high k gold

Steve

Forum Supporter
Don't get me wrong it's great finding high k gold. But it has now drawn a crowd. Every unemployed guy in his 20s or 30s with a couple hundred bucks has gone out and bought a metal detector.
Guy in the photo is looking for fresh drops (from the swimmers in the background).
And the Darwin award goes to...

Attachments

• 20180722_103209_resized.jpg
    20180722_103209_resized.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 675
Don't get me wrong it's great finding high k gold. But it has now drawn a crowd. Every unemployed guy in his 20s or 30s with a couple hundred bucks has gone out and bought a metal detector.
Guy in the photo is looking for fresh drops (from the swimmers in the background).
And the Darwin award goes to...

Lol. I am in my late 20's and self employed so I have A LOT of free time and I have been putting in the hours swinging, but I am not finding high k gold!

Lol. I am in my late 20's and self employed so I have A LOT of free time and I have been putting in the hours swinging, but I am not finding high k gold!

Daytime, 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am, 6am.. minimum of 12 of them. Weekends every single inch of the beach will have a detector over it at least once.
If 1 actually finds something a video is made for everyone to see (swimmers included). Lots of Darwin awards should be handed out

Daytime, 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am, 6am.. minimum of 12 of them. Weekends every single inch of the beach will have a detector over it at least once.
If 1 actually finds something a video is made for everyone to see (swimmers included). Lots of Darwin awards should be handed out

Well I will not post a video because I dont want to train my competition. Same reason I am only a lurker on a few forums in my business industry..I also do not sell used equipment in my area. I will take it to the dump before selling.

Well I will not post a video because I dont want to train my competition. Same reason I am only a lurker on a few forums in my business industry..I also do not sell used equipment in my area. I will take it to the dump before selling.
Video is basically a guy sitting in his mom's basement saying, "look what I found on ___ beach yesterday with my metal detector.

Steve, I am aware that you are in asia, but isnt this the same as the US. Anytime I go out there are a handful of guys and gals detecting. I am somewhat new to the hobby myself, after a 15 year hiatus that is. I'm local to my area, born and raised. A lot of the competition I beleive are out of towners. I still havent even found any gold after two months of searching, probably because I'm doing it wrong or my detector sucks. Point being, why let it upset you? I had the same mindset, that the competition was taking all my good stuff, but I am making a conscious effort to not get worked up over it. I got into the hobby to releive stress, not create more.
That said, if your worried they will copy you and excell at your own game, every time they are looking just swing like a runaway pendulum. I see guys do this when I pass, makes me wonder if they are that bad or think I'm that dumb.... Also, on that note. Can I pick your brain? I'm in US, no competition. Do you grid out the beach most times or only when you find a hot or heavy spot? Do you w search?

Thats not a $100 detector that guys swinging. Steve you need to get out of panic mode...... well unless you are trying to make a living at this. There is/was a homeless guy who hunted Clearwater Beach...... mostly change and with a cheap detector. Its obvious you are frustrated and let other hunters get under your skin...... why? I know you mentioned how many hours it took you to get to a beach...... your focus is different than mine..... just a hobby like golf that i do a lot and ENJOY. Ive got a local hunter that goes into PANIC mode when he sees other hunters in the water...... he literally RUNS in the water trying to get recent drops and cover the beach first. I just chuckle.

Fortunately when most people go on the beach a few times after getting their detector and come home with $.13 in corroded clad, 100 bottle caps, and some foil candy wrappers they usually throw in the towel. That guy appears to have a CTX. Terrible time to hunt around people. Only time I will go during the day is during a weekday, to spots I know there aren't many people in the water, and I will go in the water only.

Our Brother Steve has been regaling us for several years regarding the nightmare he has to deal with hunting in his AO...Damn guys right on his six, stepping out in front of him, slapping coils, no shame or courtesy, etc...NOTHING like what we have to deal with here...Its a whole different ballgame and theres nothing he can do about it...We've made plenty of suggestions, but theres nothing a guy can do outside of pepper spray ....Even then, probably nothing...

High K Gold Fever is one hell of a motivator!

Thats not a $100 detector that guys swinging. Steve you need to get out of panic mode...... well unless you are trying to make a living at this. There is/was a homeless guy who hunted Clearwater Beach...... mostly change and with a cheap detector. Its obvious you are frustrated and let other hunters get under your skin...... why? I know you mentioned how many hours it took you to get to a beach...... your focus is different than mine..... just a hobby like golf that i do a lot and ENJOY. Ive got a local hunter that goes into PANIC mode when he sees other hunters in the water...... he literally RUNS in the water trying to get recent drops and cover the beach first. I just chuckle.

Not in panic mode. I'm at the beach but haven't picked up a detector in nearly a week. All the hunters here have either a ctx, safari, or eq. The majority are 2nd hand safaris. Being a Sunday night I expect anywhere from 15 to 30 guys in the beach. Beach is about the size of a football field with swimmers congregating in a small area
Now you know.why I hunt with a tdi. A fresh drop is nearly impossible. I have to go for the things the swarms can't get

Fortunately when most people go on the beach a few times after getting their detector and come home with $.13 in corroded clad, 100 bottle caps, and some foil candy wrappers they usually throw in the towel. That guy appears to have a CTX. Terrible time to hunt around people. Only time I will go during the day is during a weekday, to spots I know there aren't many people in the water, and I will go in the water only.
2nd year for that guy. If he sees me walking a line he will run in front of me.
What ticks me off is the # of them and how they do it. Only live for today and don't think of the future.
5 years ago there were 1 or 2 hunters. From what I've seen and heard from others it's now a "mania" or a "bubble". Just need to ride it out

Our Brother Steve has been regaling us for several years regarding the nightmare he has to deal with hunting in his AO...Damn guys right on his six, stepping out in front of him, slapping coils, no shame or courtesy, etc...NOTHING like what we have to deal with here...Its a whole different ballgame and theres nothing he can do about it...We've made plenty of suggestions, but theres nothing a guy can do outside of pepper spray ....Even then, probably nothing...

High K Gold Fever is one hell of a motivator!

Mud, it's a completely different world over here. A 'snowflake' will get crushed over here. No mercy. Most of these guys have no jobs and no plan for a future. Just trying to find gold to put food on the table before the other guy does.

I would prefer them trying to push me around on the beach rather than robbing old ladies on the street.... for this reason I can begrudge them a little respect

It's happening every where, and fresh drop beach's are the target seems.

The American flag doughnut in Asia is interesting.

:D

R5

Back
Top Bottom