A Little Old Gold...

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
Went out for a early morning hunt at a beach I hadn't hunted in over a year... it paid off with a nice old gold ring... water was murky that was the only drawback today... cookie coins I presume are pennies.. I'll crack them later on. I also like the small lead soldier.. picture doesn't show the paint is still on it... I'm pretty sure the stone is a natural ruby as its not clear like the synthetics are...

Attachments

• 100_0039.jpg
    100_0039.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 653
Congrats on the gold, Buffalo, toy soldier and the rest...fine hunt Craig!
X2

:dingding: I find it funny that the Buff isn't even mentioned. That would be huge down here for a SouthFla water hunter. For God's sake Craig, let's get a camera that can do close-ups! Or at least upgrade your smartphone.:yes:

Congrats on the gold, Buffalo, toy soldier and the rest...fine hunt Craig!

Thanks Bruce...

Wow cool finds!! Lots of them too!! Congrats!

Thanks 5 mile..

The oldies are the best. A beautiful ring and I agree the soldier is cool.

Thanks Dirty...

X2

:dingding: I find it funny that the Buff isn't even mentioned. That would be huge down here for a SouthFla water hunter. For God's sake Craig, let's get a camera that can do close-ups! Or at least upgrade your smartphone.:yes:

I guess I am spoiled Felix... a couple years ago I hit a spot that was loaded with buffalo nickels, V nickels and shield nickels about 40 in total so maybe you can understand why I didn't mention 1 measly buffalo :lol:

As to the camera after I snapped the first one and resized it I said that will be good enough :D

I dont envy anyone, except folks who hunt the beaches.

That is a great hunt and a ring too. Love those big ol hunkers.

Nice one congrats!! Old Gold has a rich look to it the modern overly yellow carp can't hold a candle to. :cool:

Way to go!!!! Nice hunting! Congrats on the old coins and gold!!:yes:

Thanks ISA...

that was a great hunt. nice looking group of finds

Thanks Schmitz..

Awesome hunt Craig- congrats! Beautiful ring. :yes:

Thanks George...

That is a great hunt and a ring too. Love those big ol hunkers.

Its not that big but its still nice ;)

Nice one congrats!! Old Gold has a rich look to it the modern overly yellow carp can't hold a candle to. :cool:

Thanks Irons... I agree.. I love hunting old gold over fresh drops.

Pretty cool assortment Craig. You are better off using your smartphone and don't forget to clean the lens.:D

Thanks Joe... are you kidding my phone has no flash... :roll:

Nice ticket! Hopefully I can get my first gold FTY tomorrow. Took the bikes for a spin at Kingsley plantation today. Sadly no metal detecting allowed there. My mom liked natural rubies. See any black in it?

Nice hunt Craig! Wish we had half as many old finds down here as you guys... I'll tell you what, I'll give you a gold ring for every silver coin you find lol

Nice ticket! Hopefully I can get my first gold FTY tomorrow. Took the bikes for a spin at Kingsley plantation today. Sadly no metal detecting allowed there. My mom liked natural rubies. See any black in it?

Tanks Larry... I'll look tomorrow... I put it away for safe keeping.

Good to see you out and finding gold Craig:yes:

Thanks Mike...

Take the pics outside. :lol:

Joe have you started that "GoFundMe page for a flash for my phone and a decent camera yet? :lol:

Nice finds Craig. Love the oldies.....:yes:

Thanks Curt..

Great hunt craig that gold ring doesnt look that small hell of a hunt congrats buddy :D

Thanks Mark... you did good today as well :)

Nice hunt Craig! Wish we had half as many old finds down here as you guys... I'll tell you what, I'll give you a gold ring for every silver coin you find lol

Thanks Josh... I hope you have a lot of gold coins because I have hundreds of silver coins from dirt hunting over the years :D

Back
Top Bottom