Silver Rope and a Diamond Ring

Irons

Forum Supporter
PIRATE.GIF

Cold but beautiful day at the big lake today! :cool:

Still amazes me silver comes out of Lake Michigan looking like new but is pitch black and crusted from inland lakes.
Got a beauty little 14k diamond ring though! Thanks for looking! :grin:

rs1.jpg

rs2.jpg

rs4.jpg

rs5.jpg

Irons, it is the acid in the inland lakes. Same with lake Huron. Silver comes out a silver blue color, very pretty. Inland lakes especially in muck and weeds. Black and crusty like the salt water.

Love your finds. Congrats on the silver and gold. I sure hope you have a killer year on the west side.

Nice work there Irons! ...I have only found one grey silver coin in Lake MI, and that was in an outflow from an inland lake...no grey rings....all the rest have been shiny like that chain...so yeah...nice and fresh!

Irons... I didn't see the diamond ;) must be small.. is that a ring that is supposed to be like a rose? Good job on the gold and silver... :yes:

I am really starting to appreciate when people find chains (without medallions)- they are very elusive. :yes: Congrats on the gold too! :yes:

Irons... I didn't see the diamond ;) must be small.. is that a ring that is supposed to be like a rose? Good job on the gold and silver... :yes:

Thanks! It is some kind of leaf with a tiny but nice diamond. It's a well made ring too, solid and probably old.

rs6.jpg

I am really starting to appreciate when people find chains (without medallions)- they are very elusive. :yes: Congrats on the gold too! :yes:
Thanks! :grin:
This one was lying next to a large steel rod. I thought I heard a second smaller hit as I was sweeping past the overload signal so I scooped at it.

After seeing the chain in my scoop I dug the steel rod out and lugged it to a trash can.

Because of all that I can't tell you what the wadded up chain sounded like.

Back
Top Bottom