local swiming area (first rings) :)

jim-k

Had my detector for 3 weeks now and took it out to try at a local swimming area for the first time using it in and near the water. Not to bad I guess found a ring in about 30 min just a cheap ring with the name Jaden stamped on the outside with musical notes on each side of the name. Second ring was at different area and found it within 2 min :) it has crosses that goes all the way around it no stamp inside. About 25 yards later I found ring 3 it has a design around it with circles and leaflets and stamped 925 inside. I also found $3.87 in clad a bunch of old and new pull tabs a few bottle caps and bobby pins. Overall I'm very pleased with my first detecting at two local swimming holes.

Attachments

• IMG_20130913_143847_850.jpg
    IMG_20130913_143847_850.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 681
Congrats on a great day of hunting. 3 rings is awesome and getting a silver one makes for a FUN day! Now go find the gold ones! Good luck. : )

Thanks, yes gold ones would be nice! I'm still looking for my first silver coin too. There are some colonial sites around this area if I can get permission to hunt some of those would be awesome too

Nice three ring day! Congrats on your first silver. You AT will do quite well in the fresh lakes. Happy Hunting!

We're the rings in that condition when you plucked them from the earth, or did you clean them up?

The first ring with the name on it was in the water the other two was on land. The soil was a mix of sand and dirt they were not that dirty but iI did clean them with some running water and a tooth brush before the pics

The first ring with the name on it was in the water the other two was on land. The soil was a mix of sand and dirt they were not that dirty but iI did clean them with some running water and a tooth brush before the pics

Running water & tooth brush? They sound like recent drops. Get back out there and find the old stuff!

A three ring hunt is a good hunt and a good sign..

Congrats on the sterling!!

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom