Best Rechargeable AA Batteries...

Metal Marauder

Elite Member
Looking for the best AA rechargeable batteries out there. I can only seem to find the 1.2V batteries. Do they make 1.5V rechargeable AA's? Don't I need a full 12V for my Dual Field instead of 9.6V? Looking for some recommendations :?:

Eneloops, or tenergy centuras are a close second, both are low self discharge.

The eneloops come off top charge on my MD's right away then hang in for days showing 3 bars.

Very cool voodoo going on there. :D

I use the energizer recharge nihm, they seem to last 16 to 20 hrs, I used to change them every hunt but lately been only changing every 2-3 hunts depending on how long the hunts are. I have been using for 2 months now, with no problems, I did get 2 extra battery cases for The DF so iam not fumbling with a bag full. the battery cases were only 4 bucks each and make for quick change when needed.

Eneloop, Eneloop, Eneloop: and while you are at it, get the La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger

You want to get a 'smart' charger, and avoid the quick chargers. Fast charging generates a lot of heat, which shortens the number of recharge cycles you get. Smart chargers will stop the charge when their done, so you can leave them and not worry about overcharging. NiCd and NiMH are both 1.2 volts. The thing about Eneloops, is that the have a low self-discharge, won't go dead sitting unused. Not a huge deal with metal detecting, you usually plan ahead enough to charge up before hand.

Found some rechargeable alkaline batteries, 8 AA's and a charger for $16 early this year. Been working well, no leaks, no issues, last a lot longer than NiMh. Haven't had any leaks or failures from the batteries that came with the charger, but have had some Duracels leak after 5 recharges... The charger is great, it's a smart charger, does both Alkaline, and NiMH, and no heat, not even a little warm. The Company is IGO Green, Canada, I think. The charger is worth $16 by itself.

Next Time..

I know you bought whatever, but next time, take a look at the PowerGenix NiZn rechargables. I have used them in my Sand Shark and Lobo Super Traq for over a year and LOVE them! :cool:

I've been reading the reviews on the PowerGenix batteries.. interesting comments about the terminal voltage on both these and the ENELoops...

Suggests it could damage electronics... Read and comment if you want..

I want some longer life rechargeables than the Minelab supplied battery, but don't want to take a chance on damaging my detector.

http://www.amazon.com/PowerGenix-ZR...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Eneloop, Eneloop, Eneloop: and while you are at it, get the La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger
I went ahead and bought a smart charger as well. I purchased the following one off eBay.

Both chargers had identical reviews and ratings on Amazon. I chose this one because I could charge 8 AA's at a time. This one only shows a battery icon when charging instead of the actual voltage. Plus, none of the reasonably priced LaCrosse sellers on eBay would ship to Guam. I think I might already have buyer's remorse but I will see how it goes. Reason for the buyer's remorse would be if I get a false charge on a AA I won't know it. All I will see is a fully charged battery icon. If I had the actual voltage reading, then I would know which battery is the problem. Anyways, I think I will be just fine with this one...

Smart Charger

No one mentioned mAh's, thats your capacity...Amazon has them..

EBL AA 2800mAh High Performance Ni-MH Rechargeable Batteries

Ive not seen higher capacity

Low self-discharge batteries will remain 85% juice when you leaving it for no use 1 year

No one mentioned mAh's, thats your capacity...Amazon has them..

EBL AA 2800mAh High Performance Ni-MH Rechargeable Batteries

Ive not seen higher capacity

Low self-discharge batteries will remain 85% juice when you leaving it for no use 1 year

Those are what I use in my At Pro, they work good. You realize this thread is 5 years old right?

No, but just trying to inform those that may not know or are new.

Didnt realize it was that old!!

Guys read reviews on batteries too!

I too use Eneloops in my detectors. They are also great when you have a spare packed away since they maintain their charge for a very long time.

Has anyone recommended Eneloops yet?

Get them in the highest rated amperage you can find + a smart charger. MAHA is the best imo.

Back
Top Bottom