• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

FINALLY back again

Thanks, fortunately our local area where we live in South Carolina we are on high elevation and not a flood prone area, our yard even slopes enough downhill towards the forest out back so even heavy rains flow off downhill, but we are hoping Irma makes an expected turn and stays away from the coastline.

I have a modest 60mm refractor as well as an old Edmund Astroscan wide field telescope as well as binoculars. What was REALLY neat was that we could see totality of the recent solar eclipse right from our front yard, it was both WOW and EERIE at the same time :shock::shock: :lol:

HH !

Here's my "viewer" for the solar eclipse!!! :yes::lol::laughing: I don't have a solar filter and not only that, my scope is in my storage unit for now. Either way, it came out pretty good and I was able to show both my mom and sister and they were tripping out over how simple of a contraption could be made to safely view the eclipse!!! :shock::wow::yes::D:p:laughing:

Attachments

• PinHole_paper_center.jpg
    PinHole_paper_center.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 58
  • ViewingScreen.jpg
    ViewingScreen.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 60
  • StartOfSolarEclipse_SoCal_LAarea.jpg
    StartOfSolarEclipse_SoCal_LAarea.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 60
Here's my "viewer" for the solar eclipse!!! :yes::lol::laughing: I don't have a solar filter and not only that, my scope is in my storage unit for now. Either way, it came out pretty good and I was able to show both my mom and sister and they were tripping out over how simple of a contraption could be made to safely view the eclipse!!! :shock::wow::yes::D:p:laughing:

Hey, that works ! They even mentioned that idea on the news

We had the inexpensive (but certified) solar glasses we got for $1.00 a pair, but took them off for totality. and totality was :shock::shock: :lol:

I had some solar filters for my binoculars I made from inexpensive solar filter material I got from an astronomical company long ago. So I occasionally got a closer look with those.

So, between the asterisks are the city/park rules... at least for this particular park. Would "digging" making a plug be considered "Vandalism"???

Huntington Beach Park Rules

In order to make your visit at any City of Huntington Beach Park more enjoyable, please familiarize yourself with the following park rules and regulations:
1.No motor vehicles are permitted in the park. Come prepared to carry your articles from the parking lot. No exceptions!
2.No alcoholic beverages of any type are permitted.
3.Dogs must be on a leash at all times, and you must clean up after your dog. Contract Animal Control. MC 13.48.070
4.No sound amplifying devices are permitted. This includes amplifiers for voice, musical instruments, etc., and includes hand held devices.
5.No selling or advertising of any product or service.
6.The playing or participation in any hazardous game or activity is prohibited. Such activities include, but are not limited to: baseball, tackle football, golf, field hockey, rugby, cricket, boxing, wrestling, martial arts, combat games, wading, swimming, boating, model airplanes, model power boats, possession of any firearm, air gun, slingshot, bow & arrow, spear, fireworks, rockets, lighting of fires except in approved devices, and erecting of any barriers.
7.Vandalism, littering, boisterous conduct, and gambling are prohibited.
8.All signs and any orders issued by the City of Huntington Beach must be obeyed.
9.Park curfew is from 10:00 pm to 5:00 am.

Violation of any of the above rules may result in a citation, arrest, or cancellation of your activity.

So, between the asterisks are the city/park rules... at least for this particular park. Would "digging" making a plug be considered "Vandalism"???

7.Vandalism, littering, boisterous conduct, and gambling are prohibited.

Depends. If you keep your plugs neat and put the grass back how it was, and you can't tell where you've dug, then no, that wouldn't be vandalising. If however, you tear up the place and leave a huge mess behind, then yes that's vandalising. So if you dig neat plugs, then you should be all good.

Depends. If you keep your plugs neat and put the grass back how it was, and you can't tell where you've dug, then no, that wouldn't be vandalising. If however, you tear up the place and leave a huge mess behind, then yes that's vandalising. So if you dig neat plugs, then you should be all good.

Then I should be "all good" as my plugs are very neat. :yes: Plus, I tend not to "dig" when the ground is dry or summertime type weather where the ground is typically dry most of the time until it gets to the more "wintery/rainy" season.

Thanks for the reply!!! :grin:

HH \_

Welcome back!

Welcome back!

Thank you!!! I've been "hunting" ON/OFF when I first made this post/thread. More OFF due to quite a bit of family and personal life issues lately.

Anyways... I'm hoping to post something of significance here soon. There is an 80's park that I'm sure has been there since the early to mid 70's so I plan on hitting it here really soon after I move to my new apt... so sometime next month is when the coil should be swinging!!! :yes:

HH \_ to you all

Back
Top Bottom