Maybe a new water detector ?

As far as the ET, its and excellent beach machine. Most people make the mistake by running the highest sensitivity they can on beaches that are honestly recent drop beaches. Reduce all that chatter...... even use a pattern until you learn. I rarely hear of a hunter finding a ring down 15" on a beach that is hunted daily...... and if i do, 90% of the time the dude cant PP worth a darn.

Any Multi freq you are going to loose some sensitivity to small gold..... but there are trade offs for any machine. You just have to decide what you are willing to miss..... and what can end up in you pouch over the other guy at the end of the day. I for one DONT like taking two detectors nor having to choose which to take that day. So multi freq VLF has worked best for my hunting style.

A lot of times Dew... I have found deep small gold by digging the junk sounding targets... I know a lot of guys who pass up on such targets... even the green nickels will sound like junk... the deeper the gold the higher the tone but its not a smooth tone its ragged sounding... I love watching these video's where everything sounds perfect but in real life if one passes up on the trashy tones one will miss good stuff and I am perfectly happy with that... I love cherry pickers almost as much as single frequency users :D

YOu are right about that Craig. I hunt in PP mode and check most targets until i know its iron or a bottle cap. DEEP bottle caps can be about anything..... but you have to love it when the tone starts changing and you know its not a bottle cap any longer.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom