Met someone on the beach Sunday morning

Stunmi

Elite Member
Was detecting New Smyrna Beach on the absolutely gorgeous Sunday morning and a fellow came up and asked what I was swinging (hip mounted and concealed.) Super nice guy. Introduces himself as David Auerbach- now president of Kellyco and son of Stu Auerbach who has had a huge part in advancing our hobby to where it is now. David is sharp and energetic and spoke about some showroom remodeling and other changes as he takes the reins. Young blood can be good!

Please don't turn this into a bash Kellyco thread- there are enough of those already. It was a pleasure meeting David and I had a great day at the beach.

It's nice to hear your good experience and the news about the new leader at Kellyco. Often times a new leader can make or break a business and it sounds like David is passionate about the hobby and his job.

Once we moved to Florida, I took the family by Kellyco and really enjoyed their lil' museum of artifacts and treasures (see pic). Heck, even if you were on the fence about getting a detector, seeing all that history makes you want to grab a detector and run to the nearest beach or field to start hunting!

Attachments

• kellyco.jpg
    kellyco.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 431
Kellyco has been around for a LONG time. I did not know until I researched them. Seems they have been selling to the military for many wars. Once in a while he posts on here. I like Kellyco but they do not discount much to forum members so I always buy from others. Did he give you a discount card for $5 off a detector? :laughing:

Always good to meet someone in the field. I've had a few old-timers give me pointers, and I always listen intently. Making friends with someone in his position opens a whole new world of information.

Hey Guys! Thanks always for the kind words! David is a great guy and he really loves the hobby. As far as discounts for forum members all you guys have to do is give me a shout directly and I'll do what I can to take care of you.

Gene Knight
Director of International and Domestic Sales
Kellyco Metal Detectors
[email protected]

I like Kellyco...i like Kellyco.... i like Kellyco (pssss my machine is still in the shop :laughing:).

Its always nice to meet someone who can make those contributions to the hobby. I enjoy it when someone like that will take the time to chat. Now the question is..... what was he swinging?

Dew

Back
Top Bottom