Team 250

RelicHound

Forum Supporter
Calvin and OZ_IL this is your thread to enter your finds for the contest also to keep in touch with each other.

Risked my life for an *unofficial 20 points :shock:

Some real nasty storm to the north was putting on quite a lightning show while I was detecting, but the 'ole Ace never beeped during a strike so I figured it was far enough away for safety :?:

Anyway, found another Buff at the sidewalk tear-up! No idea if it has a date still on it, I also found a wheatie. I think those add to 20 points???

*unofficial as no photo and control number of course.

Hey OZ - all you need to do is take a picture with the FMDF-08 number on a piece of paper and those can be "official points"!

Good Luck

Calvin

Just an update, unofficially we have 66.95. I have everything in a spreadsheet and have the formulas for both pro and greenhorn. My greenhorn is at meetings all this week so he is standing at zero :p

Sooner or later I'll get some photos uploaded to make this official.

Standing at
3 wheaties (30)
1 buffalo (10)
1 junk ring (5)
46 cents (4.6)
8 nickels (1.6)
25 dimes (5)
43 quarters (10.75)
=========

Hey OZ! I got back to Mpls and got out of the house a couple of times.

First hunted the floorboards of an old farmhouse down the road and found my nicest coin to date; a 1902 Indian Head.

The rest of the stuff is from a local park where I'm honing my skills with the Sunray probe I just got. 1 1944 Wheat and what I thought was a silver ring but isn't.

Points? 64

IH Penny = 15
Wheat = 15
Clad = 14
Junk Jwlry= 20

DSCN1016.jpg

DSCN1021.jpg

Just curious, how did you hunt the floorboards? Did you get a beep and tear them up? Just curious because I have several houses that are old and unused that I could try that on. Nice find

Just curious, how did you hunt the floorboards? Did you get a beep and tear them up? Just curious because I have several houses that are old and unused that I could try that on. Nice find

That's an idea...... but all I did was take my Sunray probe and run along the cracks and then lifted out the penny (and the companion crud) using various tools on my Swiss Army knife. I think it was a fluke event because it was in a kinda wide crack and right on top of a cross piece. I had checked the dirt floor basement in the past and found only a few modern pennies and a quarter.

Calvin - I only see 11 quarters in the photo, you have 13Q written down. Since the clad points match what you had computed using 11 quarters as the 'N' I assume you just wrote the wrong value on the piece of paper.

For clad you have 56 coins / 4 = 14 points
Junk ring = 10 points (not 20)
2 pre-1959 cents = 30

========
54 points

***PS - remember to check those Jefferson nickels to see if any are 1938-1945.

You're right about the quarters, :roll: Don't know where I came up with 13. However, that other circular object by the ring is a bracelet. Junk, but still a bracelet!:yes:

Calvin - I only see 11 quarters in the photo, you have 13Q written down. Since the clad points match what you had computed using 11 quarters as the 'N' I assume you just wrote the wrong value on the piece of paper.

For clad you have 56 coins / 4 = 14 points
Junk ring = 10 points (not 20)
2 pre-1959 cents = 30

========
54 points

***PS - remember to check those Jefferson nickels to see if any are 1938-1945.

You're right about the quarters, :roll: Don't know where I came up with 13. However, that other circular object by the ring is a bracelet. Junk, but still a bracelet!:yes:
Oops, some pro I am, trying to short change my team-mate :lol:

Now, get going on some pull tabs!!!!!!

Off to MI for a peach run, MD'ing there is a PITA as too many other MD'ers and not sure if I can get some in, but I know I should squeeze a few minutes in somehow :?:

Sledding Hill might pay off

I found a sledding hill where they just mowed.... had only an hour but had a lot of digging to do. Thankfully, the Sunray probe is awesome!

10 Quarters
7 Nickels
13 Dimes
12 Pennies

= 42 Clad for 10.5 points

1945P nickel = 15 points

Total Points = 25.5

DSCN1022.jpg

DSCN1023.jpg

I found a sledding hill where they just mowed.... had only an hour but had a lot of digging to do. Thankfully, the Sunray probe is awesome!

10 Quarters
7 Nickels
13 Dimes
12 Pennies

= 42 Clad for 10.5 points

1945P nickel = 15 points

Total Points = 25.5

DSCN1022.jpg

DSCN1023.jpg

Sweet!

As expected MI was a bust, about 75 cents total *ugh*

I did find a wheatie when I went back to a sidewalk repair and MD'ed where they took out the forms. No place like home :p

Now to get my camera fixed!

Day 2 at Sledding Hill

69 Clad = 17.25 points + 1 token @ 5 points = 22.25 Total

DSCN1024.jpg

DSCN1027.jpg

Oh oh:shock: My control# got cut off! You can see the bottom of the card at the top pf the pic, though.

116.45 points

Finally got my camera working!

I still have to get a photo of the cents. 105 of them *ugh*

18 nickels & 38 dimes = 11.20 points
18_nickels_38_dimes_r.jpg

57 quarters & 1 dollar = 15.25 points
57_quarters_1_dollar.jpg

1, 14K bracelet and 1 junk ring = 20 points
14K_bracelet_junk_ring.jpg

6 wheat backs & 1 buffalo = 70 points
6_wheaties_1_buffalo_r.jpg

Amazing OZ!! Were these finds over more than one day?!? WTG!!
LOL, yes they were. I had to wait until I got my camera fixed! I created a spreadsheet to keep track of the finds during the contest along with accumulated points and was falling a tad behind. Still have my 105 cents to photograph *ugh*

10.4 points

Disappointment at a sidewalk tear-up. Just 4 memorials and 1 wheat ear.

10.4 points

I had to brighten the what ear area as it was so dark (even with a flash) the wheat ears wouldn't show.

wheatie_4_cents.jpg

Back
Top Bottom