Team Pull-Tab Lab

Very nice finds Gil.

I havent died. Been out chasing deer. Yes they are all still safe.

I am taking this weekend off to get out with the detector. I'll see if I cant get some points up quick.

My best points in a while.

Been chasing deer for the last couple of weeks. Alas, the deer remain quite safe.

Havent been out in a while so it was nice to get out. Hit three spots. Found my second silver dime on a lot near my house. A Rosie to go with my Liberty. Gouged the crap out of two wheaties. Also found the needle about a 1/4 inch under the surface of the webbing between my thumb and forefinger. It flippin hurt.

Rounded it out with a quick romp through a tot lot where I scored a 2004 no mint mark Chuckie Cheese Token. It's a very clean strike. I gently wiped the dirt from it as I was concerned about ruining the value with too much cleaning ! :D

001-19.jpg

I will watch it like a hawk, Tink. Worst part is, this is the same lot I found all those hypos. I stayed completely away from that side of the lot. But, the tractors scraped the entire lot. One (or more) must have got pushed over to where I was digging.

If we can get some rain this week, I am going back. A Liberty and a Rosie on a single lot here is a big deal here.

today's short hunt

Saturday morning I leave for New England for an undetermined stay. I am taking my dfx with me and expect to hunt with Noreaster and Benniem. Not sure if I will be able to post my finds while I am there, but pictures I will take.
Today was my last day on the job for a while. I managed a few items in an hour. my first find was this womens wedding band. It is 18 k and was engraved with a lot of old looking letters that have both the tops and bottoms worn away so I don't really know what it says. It rung up as a nickle, and for something that thin had a good reading at 5 to 6 inches. Only one wheatie and the rest clad. yes there was a lot of junk too....Gil

Attachments

• 100_4621.JPG
    100_4621.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 128
Gil, hope you have a great vacation. Just take pics of your finds or save all your finds until you get back.

Hope you find some tasty stuff where your headed.

I'll be heading out this weekend to grind out a few. I'll try and do us proud, or, more likely, will do everthing I can not to embarass us.

finds 10-18-08

Not anything interesting really. Watched TNHunter find a nice silver ring.
Anyway, 38.75.

002-13.jpg

003-10.jpg

2 weeks worth

Got back home last night after two weeks in New England. I got out hunting a few times, but mostly hour or two affairs. I had some repairs to do on a home up there, plus visiting. It was too cold in the mornings for this Flaw-da
boy to get much done. Had to scrape ice off the car a couple mornings. 19 degrees at 7 am is a little over the top for me. I was hoping for some quality hunting time while I was there, but life got in the way. I did meet up with a couple members from Friendly, and had a good time. Here are the numbers....Gil

Attachments

• 100_4664.JPG
    100_4664.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_4663.jpg
    100_4663.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_4662.JPG
    100_4662.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 100_4661.JPG
    100_4661.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 88
Went to school that has been there since 1919. Not only did I find clad, but stuff that looks to be dropped no more than the last 60 days. Couldn't even squeeze out a wheatie !

001-21.jpg

Charley Barber

I spent all morning in the old ball field area. It has been used as such for the high school for 50 years anyway. Not sure what was there before. The barber was very shallow in a loamy area. It might have come in with some topsoil. Everything else around there is the grey Florida sand. My third Barber this year, and 2nd silver quarter in 3 weeks. Grand total 159.1 pts. I noticed I put 44 under a 46 dime forgive me....Gil

Attachments

• 100_4683.JPG
    100_4683.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_4684.JPG
    100_4684.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 70
Very nice finds keep up the good work . Alot better than what I find for sure . Good Hunting . Harold

Last Day

Well, between work and deer hunting, I have been extremely busy. Yes, the deer are all still safe, Like old coins and gold, they mock me.

I'd like to take this time to thank my partner for all he did. He virtually carried the team and was very supportive throughout, in spite of my lack of anything other than general finds.

A huge thanks to Tinky for scoring this entire thing. That guy had the worst job ever, yet did it with grace. He is clearly a gentleman, and wise beyond his years.

008-1.jpg

Last dance for me

Sending this from Bennym's putor. It's snowing, and the ground is like a rock till midweek. This is the end date for the contest so here is what I got last week....Gil

Attachments

• 40points.jpg
    40points.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom