Whites xlt did i get the right detector?

rwt1978

Hello everyone, I finally made up my mind on a detector and hope I made the right choice. I went with the whites xlt e series, I have not received it in the mail yet but I am excited. I have been having a hard time making a choice . My question is, the xlt runs at 6.5 khz and the m6 and mxt run at about 14 khz I dont know much about? Is the mxt and the m6 deeper than the xlt? I know depths are different for every ground situation but is the xlt just as powerful as the mxt and m6? I hunt for coins and relics at old home sites. I rarely go to the beaches, but I do once in a while. I hunt in michigan. Did I make a good choice? thanks for answering my questions. Ryan

good choice

you can't go wrong with an XLT its a great detector , i started out with one . get to know it well and you can hang with any of the others out there Ryan. its not the best for beaches you'll get alot of false signals , just make sure you ground balance it in the dry sand and then if you go out to the wet sand ground balance it again .HH and good luck ,Dan

del gave you good advice. follow it and you'll do well. i love my xlt and i have found some deep coins. depth is not a problem - and as you will learn, most of what you find is going to be w/in 4" and the surface anyway.

welcome

We only have fresh water beaches in Michigan, so I don't think you'll have any problem using the XLT there. I use mine all the time.

Back
Top Bottom