What's a good book on MDing

gadams

Hi All, with old man winter fast approaching here in Pittsburgh I thought I would order a couple good books on metal detecting. What are some of the most useful out there?

I think you might need to be a little more specific. If you want to hunt civil war relics then there are a lot of books on relic id, Couch on "the relic hunter", but if you are a coin shooter, you might want to look at a book on how metal detectors work by Garrett. A coin reference book might be helpful. I'm into civil war relics and can recommend a lot of books, but if you are into some other aspect of detecting, some of the other folks here can offer some help.

Thanks Duggap and GK. Mostly coin shooting and some relic hunting specific to the old houses/properties/areas I hunt. No Civil War Relic hunting hear in Pittsburgh for me.

Every beginning detectorist should read "The Metal Detecting Manual" by Dan Hughes.
He is a member of the forum here, look him up:yes:

I don't know of a good book try your local MD shop they usually have a rack of books. I bet some of the old timers on this forum could write good one. :peckkey:

Dan I'm no beginner but your book looks interesting :interesting: so i ordered it. looking forward to reading it. by the way amazon says it's sold out not available.:darnconfused:

Amazon says it's sold out because I won't let them sell it! The only time it turns up there is if somebody who bought a copy from me turns around and sells it on Amazon. (And I've seen used copies listed there for twice the price of a new copy!)

If Amazon wants it, they'd have to buy it from me at the same price everybody else pays!

Maybe not good business sense, but I like dealing personally with everyone who buys my book.

Let us know what you think of it after you've read it! Thanks!

Amazon says it's sold out because I won't let them sell it! The only time it turns up there is if somebody who bought a copy from me turns around and sells it on Amazon. (And I've seen used copies listed there for twice the price of a new copy!)

If Amazon wants it, they'd have to buy it from me at the same price everybody else pays!

Maybe not good business sense, but I like dealing personally with everyone who buys my book.

Let us know what you think of it after you've read it! Thanks!

Dan, are you able to take credit cards over the phone? I don't have a paypal account but I'm interested in buying and reading the book.

I can't do credit cards - the business is just too "part-time" to get that involved - but you can mail me a check or money order and I'll get a copy right out to you.

Dan Hughes
1707 W. Park Ave
Champaign IL 61821

Email me your address ([email protected]) and I'll have your copy packed and ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom