BH Sharpshooter II....???

Vermonster

Elite Member
Had a quick question for anyone who uses/has used a Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter II. I currently use a Tracker IV, an entry level machine. I found what i think is a decent deal on a Sharpshooter, which is a step or 2 up, correct?

So, first question, is this a good machine? Also, my IV is a good machine for both beach and dry land, so does that hold true for most of their line? Finally, and most importantly, here is a photo of the one for sale. I do a search, and come up with a different design in any that are sold now. So, is this an older version? The ad states it's lie new, but never used. Wondering if it was just sitting around the garage or something.

Anyway, appreciate any input. Thanks.

imagejpg1_zps1f26dd34.jpg

I'd suggest saving your money and upgrading to a different line. I don't think you'll notice much difference between the SS and the TrkIV. JM2C

I'd suggest saving your money and upgrading to a different line. I don't think you'll notice much difference between the SS and the TrkIV. JM2C

Yes, Ive got a QuickDraw II, and that looks like almost the same features. I think most of that general line are similar in performance, and I'm saving to upgrade to something else in the $500-$600 range (or a better used machine) with better electronics, a numerical display, and DD coil.

Ok, thanks guys. Originally, I was thinking of getting a a Fisher F2 when I get my tax return. Should I stick with that original plan? I want a machine that will be okay for the beach and relics, probably more relics/dry land hunting.

Ok, thanks guys. Originally, I was thinking of getting a a Fisher F2 when I get my tax return. Should I stick with that original plan? I want a machine that will be okay for the beach and relics, probably more relics/dry land hunting.

I haven't used an F2, but I've seen good things written on them. Searching posts here, and on UTube, would steer me towards it, over that BH, but you'd have to compare the features and make up your own mind.

Yes, but don't expect a lot if you want to hunt a wet saltwater beach.
The dry sand will be fine, you can probably find a few things in the wet sand but they won't be deep and you will have to deal with a lot of noise but it can be done.
An effective saltwater machine is going to be in a different class and price range.

In the dirt, the F2 with any larger coil and also utilizing the sniper coil will shine.

Yes, but don't expect a lot if you want to hunt a wet saltwater beach.
The dry sand will be fine, you can probably find a few things in the wet sand but they won't be deep and you will have to deal with a lot of noise but it can be done.
An effective saltwater machine is going to be in a different class and price range.

In the dirt, the F2 with any larger coil and also utilizing the sniper coil will shine.

Well, I usually just do dry sand, and maybe the edge of the wet sand. I would guess 90% of my hunting though is dry sand or inland looking for relics and coin hunting. So, the F2 good for that I assume...yes?

Well, I usually just do dry sand, and maybe the edge of the wet sand. I would guess 90% of my hunting though is dry sand or inland looking for relics and coin hunting. So, the F2 good for that I assume...yes?

Staying in that price range I'd say either F2 or a Compadre. Both have good reputations. The F2 has the numerical ID which is nice, but really not as important as good discrimination and tone response. Good luck with yor decision.

Staying in that price range I'd say either F2 or a Compadre. Both have good reputations. The F2 has the numerical ID which is nice, but really not as important as good discrimination and tone response. Good luck with yor decision.

Thanks. Not in a position to dump too much $$$ on the hobby now, but I can swing $200 or so. I'll look into the Tesoro also.....

Back
Top Bottom