The Curse Of Oak Island

They found cities in jungles and deserts using nasa scans. They should get one of island. I would also do core testing. Say 150 feet in different spots. And maybe even side scan the entire water line of island. As far as the swamp goes their is a special bucket scoop they use down south you could drive right into the swamp. You would have those 3 targets in minutes without pumping the swamp. Instead of spending 10's of thousands of dollars on pumping the thing spend that money getting a swamp back hoe from down south and scoop,scoop,scoop done. I pull for these guys but they think so little. Meaning small this and that.

Go big, satellite ,core samples, side scan sonar. And the expensive ground penetrating system that actually tells you what the heck your dealing with. Then decide where to dig. You should know the battlefield before you get engaged and get your but kicked. If your going to waist money at least be creative. I think their is something buried their. But doing what everyone else did will not find it. And just fore the heck of it bring in a medium. If slaves or pirates dug the shafts I guarantee they got murdered and buried their.

That's what I don't understand, rent one of those big bucket scoops they use to clear waterways, I can only imagine what the pumps, and fuel, and all the other small equipment they use cost. As for the "money pit" run core samples right down every 2 foot or so, if anythings there they will know and if not, they will know it was a myth. Yeah, you might damage some stuff, but it's better than spending another 300 years digging slowly. They could know for certain on both locations in a matter of hours, maybe a day or two tops.

Why didn't they clear the ice away and dig the area of interest in the swamp with a backhoe while the swamp was frozen? I guess that wouldn't be as exciting.

Why didn't they clear the ice away and dig the area of interest in the swamp with a backhoe while the swamp was frozen? I guess that wouldn't be as exciting.

They had to wait for the permits from what I understand, but even if they had them, I doubt they would have dug. They seem to tinker away and come up with outlandish theories rather than getting the right equipment and getting the job done. The only common sense statement I heard was from the one Kellyco guy who commented that the ridge above the site would be a good spot to metal detect for relics and coins. Like I've said before if this project did occur, and treasure was buried, then there would surely be some relics left behind from the work camp, even if they stayed on ship, there is no way they did not leave any coins, tools, etc. behind.

Next week they ship in the Hoffmans from "Goldrush" and turn it into a diamond mining operation. Old man hollering " No guts, no Glory" drives them all into bankruptcy:lol:

All they really have to do is drive some steel sheeting around the hole like they use when going through the swamp around here to build roads. I've watched them dig out muck the size of oak island in a couple of weeks. You can use one crane to drive the sheeting, well point system, and use a clam bucket to dig it out. They dig out raging rivers with clamshell buckets.

I'll be watching too but, since I already have the treasure, it'll be like watching a rerun.

ATP/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback/CT Hand held

You just had to spoil it didn't you? You were supposed to wait until the end to let us in on it. Lol

Cliff

Just watched it this morning, the show is entertaining. Good to see Jason from GME on there, he did tell me about it. he was a big help when I got my Aquapulse. They make the AquaPulse and when they are in the room using the citric acid you can see all the coils on the wall beside them. Good ppl at that company.

It's all a wives tale gone wild. But the human mind wants SO HARD to believe in all these "sure-fired" treasure stories. Why ? Lest you be "left out". :roll: Doh!

Why do you think all those silly treasure magazines of the 1960s & '70s sold so many copies? They were packed full of iron-clad stage coach robberies, lost mines, etc... Fun reading, but all fanciful silly legends. A buddy of mine submitted one of those articles, and it was accepted and printed. Entirely made up.

I get so tired of the narrator repeating the same speculative BS over and over and over. don't they know how annoying that is.
:ohthedrama:

I found this interesting:

The (Untold) Story of The Oak Island Money Pit

The Oak Island Money Pit was constructed by the “powers that be” that were and still are to this day, the secret force that controls the course of mankind on earth.
This organization is known as - The “Freemasons”.

The story of The Oak Island Money Pit begins in the 1760’s
It was conceived by a number of Britain’s high ranking naval officers, who were also Masonic degree members of the Freemasons and belonging to the Masonic “Premier Grand Lodge of England”.
These Masons were members of the Whig Party opposed to the next successor to the throne, the unstable King George III.
These members were:
Washington Shirley, 5th Earl Ferrers – Vice Admiral - Grand Master of the Masonic Lodge – Premier Grand Lodge of England
George Anson, Baron Anson – Admiral of the Fleet
George Keppel, 3rd Earl of Albemarle - Commander-In-Chief
Augustus Keppel, 1st Viscount Keppel – Rear Admiral – Brother to George Keppel
William Keppel – Lieutenant-General – Brother to George Keppel
George Pocock – Admiral – Commander of the Invasion of Havana
and
Benjamin Franklin – First Grand Master of Pennsylvania who met in 1760 with the Grand Master of England to discuss their plan.

The Mason’s plot originated after King George III’s destruction of the Whig’s political power with his redirection of this power to the Tory Party, and the Mason’s concern of the imminent invasion of England, during the Seven Years’ War, by the joint forces of France and Spain. Spain outlawed all forms of secret organizations, including the Freemasons.

The Mason’s plan was to redirect a fortune to the “New World” (North America), to enable the transfer of the Masonic organization, if and when these fears materialized.
Their plan entailed the capture of Havana in 1762.
Havana’s Morro Castle was the Fort Knox of Spain, holding the South and Central America’s gold supply prior to its shipment to Spain.
The invasion of Havana was under the command of George Keppel, with Admiral George Pocock and Keppel’s two brothers Augustus and William Keppel, commanding the actual attack. They were successful with the capture of Havana and Fort Morro and its unprecedented amount of treasure. They also captured a number of the Spanish Fleet, which was needed to accomplish their plan. Accordingly, Admiral Pocock returned to England with the main English fleet carrying a portion of the treasure, while Augustus and William Keppel along with their crew and Masonic engineers all sworn to secrecy, manned the 8 Spanish Galleons and the 2 British Man of War. This treasure was diverted to a small island off the coast of New England and Nova Scotia now called Oak Island.

At Oak Island the treasure was buried based on the Masonic “Royal Arch” (Enoch’s Temple) consisting of nine arches going down nine levels by way of a main shaft (The Money Pit) which was dug down to the bedrock. From the ninth level another tunnel was constructed which ran back up to a point above the known water level, roughly 20 feet underground and at this point an enormous cavern was built to hold the treasure. The treasure was carted down the main shaft and placed up into this cavern. To conceal their plot they had the 8 Spanish ships dismantled with all the wooden parts not used in the construction of the shaft, tunnels and cavern burnt and all the metal parts (canons, anchors and bolts) were placed at the bottom of the main shaft. Flood tunnels were built out to the ocean to booby trap any treasure seekers attempts to follow down the main shaft. A large stone was placed at the air lock (8th level) as bait to activate the flooding. This stone had strange engravings on it to entice any unworthy treasure seekers to pause and take the bait (stone) away for deciphering, thus allowing time for the tunnels and main shaft to fill with water and be destroyed forever. The Masons knew exactly by their calculated mark above ground where the treasure cavern below ground was located, and could access it by digging down 20 feet.

Once the treasure was secured in the cavern and all the evidence was hidden from the island, it was documented that the Keppels sailed back to England with 2 ships and a small portion of the treasure. They claimed that the remainder of the fleet had sunk in a hurricane on route.

The Masons left several markers on the island to relocate the treasure.
1 large triangle or more precisely a crude Sextant
2 drilled holed stones
1 large stone cross
These combined markers along with the Star Map are used to cross triangulate and a set degree on the sextant point to the “X” where the cavern is today located.

Is the treasure still in this cavern?

I believe it was removed in 1795

One of the three original discoverers of the Money Pit was Daniel McGinnis, who stated he was drawn to the island when he noticed strange lights appearing on the island just prior to his discovery.
These lights were made by the Freemasons when they returned for their treasure.
This Masonic party was headed up by George Washington, President of the United States – acting Grand Master of the Washington DC Masons.

The treasure’s vast fortune was used, as planned, to further the power of the Freemasons in their new world, with them becoming “The New World Order”.

oh joy. So now it's all a big conspiracy by the freemasons, eh? Yeah, that's the ticket ! :roll: Throw in a few pix of a pirate with a parrot on his shoulder, and then ......... by golly, .... it MUST be true !

Interesting theory but most of it could be invented using the info that has been found by others since the discovery of the money pit. It does make for good reading though.

Cliff

oh joy. So now it's all a big conspiracy by the freemasons, eh? Yeah, that's the ticket ! :roll: Throw in a few pix of a pirate with a parrot on his shoulder, and then ......... by golly, .... it MUST be true !

Everybody knows it wasn't the freemasons. It was the Opus Dei and the treasure didn't come from Morro Castle in Cuba, it was the stash amassed over the years by the Knights Templar. ;)

Im looking forward to when they cut to the chase.... and wrap this thing up, even if that means finding nothing. Telling the entire story over and over every episode, does nothing but annoy. Yet.... I keep watching.

Everybody knows it wasn't the freemasons. It was the Opus Dei and the treasure didn't come from Morro Castle in Cuba, it was the stash amassed over the years by the Knights Templar. ;)

Haha, that is one treasure tale I believe in the sense that it once existed. It's pretty well known the Knights Templar has a huge sum of treasure which vanished from their treasury along with most of the knights one night. Certainly they did not bury it and forget about it, wherever they stashed it was likely well known among them, and it was eventually dug up, and spent, and probably created many of the wealthy families in Europe during that era.

Whatever you believe, there are some strange things on Oak Island. What the true story is, is yet to be discovered. Wether these guys are the ones to figure it out or not is yet to be seen.

Cliff

I wonder if you can MD the beach on the island or other area's around the island? This is Canada though I'm not up on the MD laws up there.

Back
Top Bottom