Tides are good again, 5 rings....

zeemang

Forum Supporter
Beautiful night to be on the beach, had a blast and bumped in to Axcan again, he wasn't hitting much when i left....
Hunted in the waist deep water with the sov gt chest mounted again, getting a better understanding of what it's telling me. Managed to beat my average tonight, plus did better than i think i've ever done on clad! Wish i'd find more of these 20 peso coins, worth close to 2 bucks... Two of the 5 rings are soaking in watered down muriatic acid right now, we'll see if they are silver, the gold colored one, no mark, but i'll get it tested as it looks nice.
Again, love this water hunting!
Headed back up tomorrow night, wish me luck!

Attachments

• 061411190031.jpg
    061411190031.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 822
  • 061411232714.jpg
    061411232714.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 826
  • 061411232744.jpg
    061411232744.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 820
  • 061411232855.jpg
    061411232855.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 823
Darn good hunting there Z.. Sure looks like you have some gold too, hope it checks out.. Congrats.

Went back and looked at the picture of your finds and noticed you have some "old school" pull tabs there. That says to me you are gettin to some deeper, older spots!:yes::cool:

NIce Zeman

Very Nice Haul, Congrads on all......................

Wish I was there.

One of my favorite TV shows is NCIS. The character Mike Franks had enough and moved to Mexico to get away from it all. If my wife and kids ever die or banish me I'll be there with a MD in one hand and surf rod in the other. And beer. Lots of XX. Lots.

Thanks guys! For the past few weeks the bottom is actually a little rocky, it's NEVER rocky, so i know alot of sand is gone right now. Alot of the coins were the old pesos, like pre 1993, so i'm definitely getting to older finds. It's a pain to dig in this mix of small rocks, shell pieces, etc, and it smells like rotten eggs when the scoop comes up, but it's the old stuff for sure. Progress is slow, lastnight i only covered an stretch of about 150 yards long, from knee deep to waist deep, and I'm sure missed alot of what was there.
Really liking the sov gt, it's the first machine i've had that has the ability to hit deep and consistent, and is super stable. It really does make whispery sounds that are just a softer version of the same signal, so i feel confident digging those. I worry about dunking it, but i have the solution to that worry coming in a few weeks....
HH all!

Back
Top Bottom