Gold miner new to detecting in Alaska: need partner up here

jssbastiat

Ok, I'm a gold miner in my spare time, grew up in the gravel business back in Texas, have worked the Nome beach a couple years....BUT, the miners here have talked me into using a detector to prospect in the water, through tailings, the creeks, etc to get a feel for how much is around before I buy a dredge....

So, I'm up to working with someone up here. I have a house here in teh bush, (I'm a teacher, so, I live here year round off the road system, gotta fly in)...have a pickup, a jet boat and carolina skiff....And, where I"m working is only a 5 gl trip up the river, 30 minutes!.....and beautiful!!!!!

IM me with ideas.....I can probably get a small 2 in dredge to prospect with for $500 from a buddy...the motor has not run in years, but, it's just sat in his garage.....would be great if someone had a detector, small dredge, etc...I've got the boat, moose/caribou meat, food, truck, house, etc all right here...washer/dryer....internet....in a village of 122 natives, on the YUKON!....lots of fishing, bear hunting, and moose hunting in aug/sept!.....

Scotty

Ok, I'm a gold miner in my spare time, grew up in the gravel business back in Texas, have worked the Nome beach a couple years....BUT, the miners here have talked me into using a detector to prospect in the water, through tailings, the creeks, etc to get a feel for how much is around before I buy a dredge....

So, I'm up to working with someone up here. I have a house here in teh bush, (I'm a teacher, so, I live here year round off the road system, gotta fly in)...have a pickup, a jet boat and carolina skiff....And, where I"m working is only a 5 gl trip up the river, 30 minutes!.....and beautiful!!!!!

IM me with ideas.....I can probably get a small 2 in dredge to prospect with for $500 from a buddy...the motor has not run in years, but, it's just sat in his garage.....would be great if someone had a detector, small dredge, etc...I've got the boat, moose/caribou meat, food, truck, house, etc all right here...washer/dryer....internet....in a village of 122 natives, on the YUKON!....lots of fishing, bear hunting, and moose hunting in aug/sept!.....

Scotty
How far to the closest package store?

package store?

Not sure what you mean about package store?

my village of 122 natives has a little grocery store, 10x10 beer store! A post office, a bush airport and a big river! No road system except for the 40 mile gold miners road that doubles as the iditarod trail...but it leads to no where but old gold mines! BUT, that is hard, expensive mining they do, they use boilers to melt the permafrost, or, loaders/trucks/screening plants which is way over my budget! But the largest nugget in Ak was found here! like 294 oz'rs!!!!

here is the link...

http://www.akmining.com/mine/minclass.htm#mf2

Fairbanks is a 1.5 hour plane ride, we get our equipment via USPS from there...anchorage is down south from me via a 3 hour plane ride and we get our gold mining stuff from Alaska Mining and Diving...they send stuff out via USPS or what we call a hand carry on the 'bush' planes...which are 9 seater planes...

what you thinking?

Sounds tempting,but i cant quit my day job.Next year my bills will be all paid up.Give me a PM when 2012 comes around.:).I have a New F350 dump truck,and tons of tools with no wings.

Good luck up there, It sounds like a good opportunity for someone with a dredge to come up and experience Alaska .

package store = beer store?

Oh, I think i get it...package store equals beer store!????

we have a beer store here in my native village, and liqour!

But, I home brew since it's 36 bucks for a case!!!! I do home wine and beer!

Got a nice big cabin, jet boat and wide carolina skiff...extra slug gun for bear, etc...lots of moose and caribou in the freezer, fish are in the river where we gold pan....got tarmigan birds, like a chicken grouse?...

but, need someone ot cover my back when I've got my head in the water! the bears get use to you after a few weeks!...

My names not "Shirley", it's scotty!!! GRIN!

I was supposing you were talking about the great line from Airplane when you said Shirley!...love that movie...even better one to quote, BLAZING SADDLES!!!! "What in the wild, wild world of sports is a going on here boys?"...Harvey Corman's best movie he ever did as well as for mel brookes! Who can forget the farting scene with slim pickins!

It almost tops "Dr. Strangelove", that was george c scotts greatest role, as well as for peter sellers and heck, slim pickens!..."But Mr. PResident, they'll see everything, they'll see the big board!"...or, "Gentlemen, there will be no fighting in the WAR ROOM!".....

Space balls was a bust in my opinion compared to Blazing Saddles!

Back
Top Bottom