Texas Blizzard

drsmithtft

Forum Supporter
7"+ in Ennis and still snowing. We have not seen this much in 30+ years they say. What is going on?

Athens, TX has about 3" and still goin strong...we only get snow that sticks every five years and usually it's only about 1/2" deep......Ba da bop ba daaa...I'm LOVIN' IT!!!!:D :lol:

On the news this morning guy said Dallas does not own a single plow, understandably as rare as this much snow is around here.

We got about 4 inches here in Abilene Texas but it is suppose to get up to about 60 degrees tomorrow so it will all be gone.

I can barely remember the last time we had snow on the ground, but it does look good. First time my two daughters have seen snow on the ground much less four to six inches deep.:grin::grin:
weather man says it should be gone mostly by this evening but ice on the roads in the morning:(

Its the end of the world, as we know it. Its thee end of the world as we know it....

...and I feel fine.

We got about a foot on tuesday/wednesday here in Michigan. By the end of Wednesday the roads were completely clear and dry. At least when we get snow it doesn't stop us dead :)

Two Days later and we still have roads closed. Major highways are closed. Plows aren't gonna do it. Rarely happens gotta love it

Don't drink the kool aid! It could just as easily be said that we're experiencing global cooling. JUST LIKE what the scientific community was saying back in the 70's and 80's. I prefer to take the middle ground that fluctuations are normal but run over a course of many years. I don't buy the hype.

Now, here in north DFW we have about 12" of the white stuff and it's pretty cool too..if I wasn't sick!

Nasty Winter

It's been a Nasty Winter here in Odessa; not so much snow generally speaking (but enough). December was the second coldest winter in recorded history (over 100 years) in Odessa. Apparently, January is going to be close to the same.

Don't drink the kool aid! It could just as easily be said that we're experiencing global cooling.

No it can't. Science says otherwise. You are entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts. Lets be honest now.

Attachments

• global_temp3.jpg
    global_temp3.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 156
  • global_temperature.jpg
    global_temperature.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 152
Last time we had this much was Feb.17th, 1978.....12" here as of last night...here's a few pics....

Attachments

• SNOW 1 003.jpg
    SNOW 1 003.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 146
  • SNOW 1 008.jpg
    SNOW 1 008.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 140
  • SNOW 1 006.jpg
    SNOW 1 006.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 147
  • SNOW 1 001.jpg
    SNOW 1 001.jpg