Finds with my CTX since 03/01/15

sgtwilks

Forum Supporter
Just a coin magnet. I just bought a deus to go back over the sites that produced all this silver. I will be back with the results.

Attachments

• emp_50.jpg
    emp_50.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 2,709
  • MG_20150507_130857.jpg
    MG_20150507_130857.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 2,603
  • emp_34.jpg
    emp_34.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 2,605
  • emp_16.jpg
    emp_16.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 2,593
  • MG_20150507_114114.jpg
    MG_20150507_114114.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 2,627
  • emp_41.jpg
    emp_41.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 2,621
  • emp_37.jpg
    emp_37.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 2,671
  • emp_39.jpg
    emp_39.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 2,550
  • emp_42.jpg
    emp_42.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 2,566
You found all those silvers in one spot Cliff? Damn I should have taken you up on your offer to hunt with you. That's some amazing finds dude! Congrats!!!

Wow! I have found one Walker in almost 4 years and it was salt-toasted.

Did the 6" coil help your finds?

I have found 17 walkers in the last 2 years. They are everywhere.LOL Im kidding kind of. I joke with crusader all the time about how I find so many of them. I don't know why. I guess I have a knack.

Yes sir my best find there in that group a 1884 seated dime was found with that coil. It really excels in jersey sandy soil and iron without losing much depth. Great call Gordon.

If it is not a 1st april joke then it is just amazing. I guess I will not found so many coins for whole life.

If it is not a 1st april joke then it is just amazing. I guess I will not found so many coins for whole life.

No joke. Im retired and hunt 6-8 hours a day everyday. I also use good equipment and really explore every possibility. Class 1 sites mostly. Swimming lakes,church lots,old schools lodges and sidewalk street tear outs. These sites are never,ever hunted out. I just a few weeks ago found 8 silver coins at a lot next to an old skating rink that has been hunted since the beginning of detecting. Everyone has hit this site and were certain it was hunted out. I started to detect there with my ctx. I hunted slow and moved between Iron and found over 50 wheat cents and 8 silvers. With this detector any squeak has to be investigated. Many coins were at the 8-9-10" mark and I did retrieve a silver quarter at a little over a foot. Just by tone the id was lower then silver but it was deep and hit a 13-45 a few times but really was around 12/13-38/40. Good enough to dig. I can't explain how to hunt with this detector you just have to get in between the iron and swing slow to grab the signal if that makes sense. When you grab the signal move the coil back and forth 1/2 inch kind of fast. Once you grab the signal pinpoint it. If it pinpoints the same spot it id's at it will be a good target.

Man this makes me want a minelab even more lol. Great job!

Until I owned and learned a CTX I had thought my ACE 350, AT PRO, and ETRAC were all close and in the same league one being just a little bit better in different senarios sniffing out silver. Now putting in an equal amount of time in with my CTX she pulls silver out the other 3 can't even get a whiff of (tested and proven) in heavier trash. The CTX is in a different league, the down side is I told the wife I would be going out more often in order to make the money back i spent, it's all good. As far as the DEUS I don't own one so I can't say, maybe I'll sell my others though if it works out for ya SGT, we are in the same area.

Until I owned and learned a CTX I had thought my ACE 350, AT PRO, and ETRAC were all close and in the same league one being just a little bit better in different senarios sniffing out silver. Now putting in an equal amount of time in with my CTX she pulls silver out the other 3 can't even get a whiff of (tested and proven) in heavier trash. The CTX is in a different league, the down side is I told the wife I would be going out more often in order to make the money back i spent, it's all good. As far as the DEUS I don't own one so I can't say, maybe I'll sell my others though if it works out for ya SGT, we are in the same area.

I hear and have seen videos of the deus in iron. I think with my ctx and deus I can up my game. I also hear and seen the deus detect gold. Ive noticed that I do not really find gold with the ctx much. The only gold I have found was in TTF. Where are you in SJ ? I hunt with crusader he is in blackwood and im in voorhees.

I hear and have seen videos of the deus in iron. I think with my ctx and deus I can up my game. I also hear and seen the deus detect gold. Ive noticed that I do not really find gold with the ctx much. The only gold I have found was in TTF. Where are you in SJ ? I hunt with crusader he is in blackwood and im in voorhees.

I grew up in Blenheim right down the road from Blackwood, I am now living in Glendora.

CTX 3030 Success on deep silver

Looks like a great silver haul...Congrats ! I've been using my CTX for about a month now...Hunted with Whites and Fisher machines for almost 30 years...This Minelab has got me excited again at all my old spots...Last week I found 3 Merc Dimes in the same hole sandwiched in between and fused to 2 old bus tokens...The CTX sniffed it out in a spot next to an old iron hand pump in a local park from the 20's that has been hunted by myself and others for many years...It read the iron and the silver in Ferrous-Coin combined mode...I get out once a week, but it is a quality outing with this machine...

If it's there, the deus will find it. It's a nickel VDI slayer. That's one thing I always note about the deus. I find an insane amount of nickels with it. Looking forward to your review/comparison.

The NJ soil is very kind to your silvers.

If it's there, the deus will find it. It's a nickel VDI slayer. That's one thing I always note about the deus. I find an insane amount of nickels with it. Looking forward to your review/comparison.

The NJ soil is very kind to your silvers.

The ctx really don't find much gold. I found more with my explorer se but also the sites are hunted more and more. I have found nickels at 12-12,12-13 but only 2 rings and that was in TTF. I dig all repeatable tones. Im hoping the deus can be used to rescan the areas I hunted with minlab detectors. I have to add when I put gone huntings settings in my ctx it really excelled in hunted areas. I doubled my monthly silver count with those settings. I was shocked that there was still silver in areas I beat to death with other detectors and my ctx with other settings. When I changed my settings to GHH"s settings I found over 50 wheaties and 7 silvers in an one acre lot that I hunted to death. It was slow going but worth it.

Back
Top Bottom