whats this thing?

RelicHound

Forum Supporter
i thought maybe it was part of a pick ax but im not so sure,kinda looks like a shoe...i sure wouldnt wanna wear it :shock:

Attachments

• PB090325.JPG
    PB090325.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 352
  • PB090326.JPG
    PB090326.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 356
Looks like a piece they use when they make or repair shoes. My mom has a couple of them she uses as door stops. There is a stand that the shoe piece fits on.

looks like my feet after 10 hours at work.............But I think steve is right. saw something similar at a shoe repair shop

I was at an estate auction two weeks ago and ended up with the stand for that shoe last - just the stand without the shoe part!

Back in the

Golden days, a lot of families repaired their own shoes. They were made from
a substance that was fairly durable, called leather. Now the plastic, paper, and artificial materials have taken over, so we just throw them away. A decent cobbler, should you own a quality pair of shoes charges as much to repair them as a new pair cost. Cool find though....Gil

i kinda like it..think ima clean it up real good and find a place for it. my buddy found it the last time we went out and i called dibs...ima pack rat:lol:

Sanford & Son

i kinda like it..think ima clean it up real good and find a place for it. my buddy found it the last time we went out and i called dibs...ima pack rat:lol:

Funny you should mention being a pack rat, my hunting partner calls me "Sanford" from the old TV show! :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom